Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my .38 specials to the range yesterday for some exercise. Shot some reloads with wadcutters and had a good time in spite of my eyes deciding ti not cooperate at times. Used my model 52, 14 and 1905 Smiths and snuck in the Colt OMM. The 1905 is a target model and really shows some promise, but the tiny sights are a challenge. When I manage them, it is as accurate as the other revolvers and has a great action. The issue I have is that the gun shoots about 2 inches low with these loads and a six o'clock hold. I cannot budge the rear sight to raise it. The screw is really tiny and most of my screwdrivers will not come close to fitting. I have tried soaking the screw in Kroils for 24 hours and still no luck. I don't want to bugger up the screw, so i guess I will just train myself to hold up more front sight (thin post with a small ball on top). Enjoy shooting the gun anyway.

·
Registered
1,767 Posts
Nice old target you have Mac. Can't say if I've ever tried to adjust mine. If mine were stuck I'd pull the grips and soak it in Eds Red for several days. As for as the low shooting I'd try some 158 semi-wadcutters about the same speed as the WC load for a starter. IMHO these old target model 38s were some of Smiths best.
Cliff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts