Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These are always fun to look at, sorry for the poor quality but they're hard to scan out of such a bulky catalog. Sure wish these prices were available!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
BC... I will take one of the Model of 1899 S&W revolvers, in Nickel plating... Enclosed please find a check for $14.00. Please email me with a tracking number. Thanks a bunch!!
:mrgreen:

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chris, for the extra shipping cost, you can have the "Cocaine Cola cough medicine" and a buggy whip! :mrgreen: What I would love to have is the H&R Pocket Vest Self Cocker, what a handsome weapon!

·
Registered
9,504 Posts
Thanks, your post just answered a question I have been pondering. I was watching a DVD of an old Sherlock Holmes classic "The Hound of the Baskervilles" the other night and wasn't sure of Holmes and Watson's large handguns. Turns out their weapons were Colt Double Action Army revolvers with the ejector rods.

Not sure of the year the picture was made, it may have been the war years and Webley revolvers musta been scarce.

Then again, Hollywood in that time frame, wasn't too interested in gun authenticity.

Hank

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
BC2,
An excellent job of scanning, IMHO kfjdrfirii
I guess I'm glad the prices for the Colt M-1873 and Bisley don't show... nfiofnp
Thanks for a neat post!
Don

·
Registered
288 Posts
DHENRY said:
BC2,
I guess I'm glad the prices for the Colt M-1873 and Bisley don't show... nfiofnp
Thanks for a neat post!
Don
That was exactly what I was thinking Don! We'd probably have to throw up. thepuke

Thanks BC! And just think...our grandparents had to double clutch it as TP! Yipes.....

·
Registered
10,447 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I couldn’t leave you Colt guys hanging, here’s the prices on the scanned sheet top to bottom:

Colt’s New Service Double Action Revolver - $15.40, Pearl Stocks, $5.50

Colt’s Single Action Army, Frontier and Target Revolver - $13.20

Colt’s Special Pearl Handled Revolver, Cowboy Six-Shooter - $22.00

Colt’s Single Action Bisley - $13.20

Great prices if you can find them gents! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
19,790 Posts
When I look at those old catalogs, I wish that my Grandfather had been cool enough to buy some of them. Or.....that my father had brought home a .45 1911 from WWII. Instead........he brought home a wool Army blanket and some other insignificant stuff!!! He wouldn't even let me own a gun.....so I started late, when I was on my own. :roll: Bob

·
Registered
497 Posts
I used the inflation calculator on the Winchester shotgun priced at $17.82. In today's money, it would be $421.75. The $14.00 1899 M&P works out to $331.34. Just for fun, the Palmer rifle offerred at $2.70 is still a bargain at $63.90! :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts