Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
13,723 Posts
The grip is a Pachmyer, which may have come from the factory (Not sure if dash 5 did or not), but could have been added by the previous owner. The front sight has a standard orange insert. Rear sight looks factory too so where is the night sight? Nice model 19, but nothing special about it that I see

·
Registered
528 Posts
A very nice and highly desirable revolver for sure. (y) But nothing unusual about the grip or sights. A lot of folks put "Goodyears" on their revolvers. You'll just have to go with it's special 'cause it's yours... and that works fine in my book. :)

·
Registered
10,961 Posts
The 'night site' rear sight may be just a white outline 'target sight'. That would go with the orange insert front sight an target trigger. I can't tell if the trigger is a grooved target or a smooth 'semi target' but either one would be more desirable than the standard trigger. The 2 1/2" barrel with the sights and trigger complete the package for very nice, well performing revolver, in my opinion. As I see it, the only thing it needs is a good cleaning to bring out the shine. If the inside of it is a reflection of the outside, you will thing it had a trigger job done on it after the works inside are cleaned and lubed.

·
Super Moderator
33,648 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

I also agree with Forester, nice Smith BTW!

·
Registered
9,596 Posts
Firstly congratulations on your purchase and choice of weapon (you are not unarmed with a 19)

The Dunlop’s need to be removed to inspect the frame for rust, the rubber grips are like a bad freezer bag. Clean the gun put some new wood shoes on her, eBay has some great Thai reproduction grips, and shoot the Dickens out of it mate...my o2

Thewelshm

·
Premium Member
11,925 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

You need to stabilize the oxidation (rusting) to prevent pitting and damage.

The best way is to use well oiled 0000 very fine steel or bronze wool on an oiled surface (after removing the grips first).

If you leave it, the rust will eventually corrode small pits in the surface. That damage is difficult to repair.

Don't rub too hard, and you won't damage the bluing surface (which can be galled if you use too much pressure).

·
Registered
25,056 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Great score on a desirable revolver. If I hadn't of purchased my 66-2 the 19 would be in my sights for a purchase. I do have a 4" model 19 that I enjoy. Hope you get out soon to enjoy it. Please post a range report to let us know how things go.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts