Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bought a set, this is the set that came without the Bowie knife. It had the original order slip in the box. Seattle Hardware Co., 501-27 FIRST AVE. South, BOX 3846 Terminal Station, Seattle Wash. 98124, Phone MA2-7070 Area code 206 The order was written Jan. 23, 1973 for 2 ea. 50104 S & W Commemorative's. The slip also states PAY ON ARRIVAL and FFL 92414 Also has the salesman's no. 444 Anyway I now have one of those sets with the original case, original box with label and all the paperwork and unopened tools. Everything is like new, 19-3 has not been fired per the seller. Does anyone here have the other one that was ordered or anymore info to add? I would post pictures, but they all look pretty much the same to me.

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
I'd guess the serials would be consecutive, without knowing one, would have no idea who would have the second one ordered. No idea what your serial is. Mine is TR 35xx. Ony 8000 were made with the boxed set with knife. 10,000 made overall.

Rangers Commemorative.JPG

·
Registered
22,084 Posts
That's a fine revolver. Some S&W enthusiasts look down on the commemorative pieces despite the fact that they are great firearms. I bought a Pa, State Police commemorative 2 years ago and I love it. Mine was also in unfired condition...until I got it, and it's been a fine shooter. Looks good and shoots great. Congrats on a nice find and enjoy!

·
Registered
10,192 Posts
That's a fine revolver. Some S&W enthusiasts look down on the commemorative pieces despite the fact that they are great firearms. I bought a Pa, State Police commemorative 2 years ago and I love it. Mine was also in unfired condition...until I got it, and it's been a fine shooter. Looks good and shoots great. Congrats on a nice find and enjoy!
I may not fire this one. But I also got a DPSOA (TX Dept of Public Service Officers Assn) 27-2, it had been fired, and the commemorative aspects aren't that pronounced (no really elegant engraving, no inlays, just a good roll-stamp) so it is a shooter here.

Reactions: rolandj

·
Super Moderator
19,368 Posts
Wow, it's absolutely beautiful!
Congratulations on the recent acquisition.

Regards,
Gearchecker

·
Premium Member
Model 27 and Model 19 (early builds)
3,579 Posts
....Anyway I now have one of those sets with the original case, original box with label and all the paperwork and unopened tools. Everything is like new, 19-3 has not been fired per the seller....
I have always liked The Texas Ranger Commemorative. I have two sets with the matching # knife and the box.

The one on the right is a TR8xx, and the one on the right is a TR83xx. According to the S&WSC, the first 1000 bring a slight premium to the other 9000.

My experience is that they are well made. I know they shoot well since I have tested the newer one. The older one has a noticeable darker finish on the stocks. The stocks are well finished and very rare (the right side is cut to show the TR seal).

More pics of the two revolvers and stocks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts