Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 19-2, blued, 4” with what appears to be a Parkerized top strap. The rest of it is the traditional blue. I understand that this may have been something done after leaving the factory. However the only other smith I’ve had was a 66. So I’m not sure if this is normal for blued guns, maybe something unique from being a police gun, or just something done after it was sold. If anyone has any insight please let me know!
Bumper Tree Air gun Metal Carbon

· Registered
15 Posts
I appreciate it! I couldn’t find anything out on the web.
The bluing treatment on the entire gun is the same but the surfaces below the top of the barrel are highly polished. To me, it looks like they intentionally textured the top of the barrel. A guess on my part. I love the depth and color of the bluing on my 19-4, but I think Colt's Royal Blue I've seen on some older Pythons is a cut above.

· Registered
595 Posts
I have a 19-2, blued, 4” with what appears to be a Parkerized top strap. The rest of it is the traditional blue. I understand that this may have been something done after leaving the factory. However the only other smith I’ve had was a 66. So I’m not sure if this is normal for blued guns, maybe something unique from being a police gun, or just something done after it was sold. If anyone has any insight please let me know!
The rib on S&W revolvers will have a matte finish, as well as other treatments that prevent reflection. Most all target model guns with a rib will have grooves that run lengthwise, like your M19-2 has. The M27 is unique in its full length and width checkered rib. The M28 is only a matte finish, no grooves or checkering, and is the only S&W target model (adjustable sights) with that treatment. Fixed sight revolvers have a non-grooved matte finish.
M27-2:
Air gun Wood Everyday carry Trigger Gun accessory

M28-2:
Revolver Wood Cone Gun accessory Gun barrel

M58, which is typical for other fixed sight models:
Sleeve Shotgun Gun barrel Air gun Trigger

1 - 10 of 10 Posts