Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've searched endlessly for info on this one. Best I've found is shipped around 1963? It is plated. Meticulously engraved with initials BJ. Square butt, 3" barrel. Would love any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,107 Posts
Hey SW,

Welcome to :bluelogo:

Way to go! Pics of a FANTASTIC M-19, right out the gate!!

You get bored w/that............just send it here!! :D

Later, Mark

·
Registered
27,257 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forum. That 19 is one of the more interesting ones I've seen in a while. Although I am not into engraved forearms that one has been tastefully done..not overdone like some I've seen. Thanks for sharing the pics.

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Super nice vintage Model 19.

·
Registered
4,013 Posts
Something strange about the initials. Anyone with the talent to engrave wouldn't stamp his initials especially crooked like that. Very nice revolver. Maybe check the engravers guild for some clues. I would check elsewhere on the gun for the engravers mark. You might need a magnifying glass.

·
Registered
19,970 Posts
Welcome to the forum and that one is a keyboard destroyer.

·
Registered
14,536 Posts
Wow! Nice looking revolver. Are you sure about barrel length and that its a square butt?
Looks more like a 2.5" barrel and round butt to me

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
Sweet! I agree that the engraver wouldn't do the initials in that crude manner. If a former owner did it, well, some things you just have to live with.
That 19 deserves a bitchin' floral carved piece of leather to ride in.

·
Registered
949 Posts
That one is well worth getting a Historical Foundation letter. Factory engraving would add a great deal of value.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Sweet! I agree that the engraver wouldn't do the initials in that crude manner. If a former owner did it, well, some things you just have to live with.
That 19 deserves a bitchin' floral carved piece of leather to ride in.
That one is well worth getting a Historical Foundation letter. Factory engraving would add a great deal of value.
I agree with both of those sentiments. I'm usually not a fan of floral holsters, but with that piece...man it would look sweet.

Getting a letter for that revolver might help solve the mystery.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts