0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the famous 30 WCF... :mrgreen:

1907 Manufacture in a Model 1894 22" Octagon

giz

·
Registered
6,488 Posts
Octagon, Take-down, Short Rifle = Special Order. I'd call Cody and get a letter on that one....

Nice.

Drew

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CruzerX said:
What a beauty...How much did it set you back?
Let the howl's begin....let's just say several hundred dollars ~ :mrgreen:

giz

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Just look at that extra nice wood! Back in 1907, even the standard grade Winchester wood had some nice figure.

That rifle is certainly worthy of a fine motor trunk. Looking forward to seeing what you build!

Also, you need to find a nice 2-cavity Ideal #31141 bullet mould for that one. Every .30WCF I've ever shot loves that particular cast bullet.

xtm

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
xtm,

KTP has a amazing restoration on a Sporting Model for sale right now. Finest stocks I've ever seen. Belong on a Deluxe model. However the front sight is wrong. Looks to me to be a Turnbull restoration that someone else modified, recently. Price is very resonable. It is on hold pending a approval.

Thankfully, that individual is me.... ;)

giz :mrgreen:

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
The finest Winchester deluxe wood was usually designated X or XX. Some deluxe wood wasn't marked, but I've seen Xs stamped under the U. tang, L. tang, and under the buttplate.

Is this KTP offering another '94 in .30 WCF? .30WCF/.30-30 is probably my all-time favorite rifle cartridge - lots more versatile and effective than some "experts" would have you believe!

With all the new Winchesters and Winchester cartridges in your collection, you need to start accumulating some brass and moulds!

xtm

·
Registered
2,681 Posts
Hey Giz,

Rifle/Handloader Magazine has a neat special publication called, The Legacy of Leverguns that gives lots of good useful info. on Winchester, Marlin, and Savage leverguns. Much is written on each model and there is a lot of data on reloading and shooting the old guns. Cost is well-worth the ~$6.00 they charge. Might be handy for this new Winchester levergun interest of yours! :)

Several years ago, I called the offices of Wolfe Publishing Co. looking for a copy and they sent me one right away. (520)445-7810. I refer to it fairly frequently for the load data alone.

xtm

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
xtimberman said:
The finest Winchester deluxe wood was usually designated X or XX. Some deluxe wood wasn't marked, but I've seen Xs stamped under the U. tang, L. tang, and under the buttplate.

Is this KTP offering another '94 in .30 WCF? .30WCF/.30-30 is probably my all-time favorite rifle cartridge - lots more versatile and effective than some "experts" would have you believe!

With all the new Winchesters and Winchester cartridges in your collection, you need to start accumulating some brass and moulds!

xtm

I've put a hold on the gun at KTP but am going to release it. It is a '94 in 30-30 with the Eastern tube. But it's front sight was converted to a ramp base...you can still see the original dovetail under it.

giz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts