Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been following this old rifle on armslist for awhile. I didn't realize it was the same gun. The seller pipelines for a living so he was changing his ad when his work moved him around. I was considering
this one when I bought my new highwall 38-55. Sat I drove over toward Stillwater and met the seller.
Gun was all that I expected. Just an old gun that showed use and reasonable care. Solid wood with no repairs, no pitted metal and the bore looked way better than most I've looked at.
I took it to the range yesterday. The seller threw in a new box of Rem. 86 gr bullets with the deal. Here is the old rifle and some targets I shot. The 3 shot target was from the 25yd sight in bench using the Rem factory loads. The other one was fired using different reloads. Time to try to pin it down to a useable reload. This old rifle cycles like it should, I checked it with dummy rounds before I bought it.
Cliff

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
That's a very nice looking Marlin, Cliff. I'm sure you are going to have lots of fun with it. Closest thing I have to it is a model 92 Winchester in 32-20. It shoots as well as your 25-20 and deserves to be taken out for some fall turkey hunting here in Pennsylvania.

John

Reactions: Cliff

·
Registered
1,717 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
These older guns are habit forming John. My old Savage bolt rifle in 32-20 is my best shooter. If this old gun was scoped I'd hunt with it.
Cliff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts