Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the local gun store and came across a 22lr revolver. On inspection it showed an over stamp on the model number and the grips had 3 letters. I know overstamps don’t add value but the lettered grips were odd. Looked to be unfired and mostly some handling dings. $600 price tag. I remember reading recently the 18s were called Combat Masterpieces. Had skinny trigger and hammer so didn’t really tug on my wallet. I handed it back to him. Still... it held my attention long enough for me to take a few snaps. Bore was shiny and sharp. Nice trigger. Good feel. Opinions?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Couple more of some imperfections. The side plate at the top was not flush.Cylinder face looked fine Bump on top. No rust or pitting. Clean grips although not numbered but more like initials? If it had target trigger and hammer I probably would have brought it home. Hmm...

Attachments

·
Registered
80 Posts
My opinion is that I doubt it is unfired, not that it matters much. Model 18's are nice revolvers. I have two, but neither has the PC magnas. There might have been a grip swap there but who cares if it isn't a collector piece ? Like I said, they are very nice revolvers and if you don't have one I don't see them for sale too often.

·
Registered
2,864 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Ok..thanks. I think I'll pass for now. Going to go look at a Gold Cup Trophy tomorrow...and although it's more money..not by much. and I have a hankering for another 1911..this time in .45. :) I may hit him (the 18-3) with a low ball number, but he usually is not a low ball hitter. Tried it enough times, unsucessfully...;)

·
Registered
72 Posts
Ok..thanks. I think I'll pass for now. Going to go look at a Gold Cup Trophy tomorrow...and although it's more money..not by much. and I have a hankering for another 1911..this time in .45. :) I may hit him (the 18-3) with a low ball number, but he usually is not a low ball hitter. Tried it enough times, unsucessfully...;)
Keep looking. If you've never owned an 18, you don't know what you're missing. They're a wonderful gun to learn double action shooting, especially at moving targets!

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
That's a very good price around here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts