Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a chance to buy a 17-1 with 6" barrel, target grips, no target trigger or hammer. Serial # puts it 1960. The gun has some holster wear, turn line on cylinder. I would put the gun at 90 percentage. I know some of the dash 1 guns are more sought after. Asking price is $800 might get it a little cheaper. What do you think. Thanks

·
Registered
3,524 Posts
I have been lucky and purchased most of my .22 revolvers in the $600 range but times and prices change. To me $700 or $750 would be a bit more palatable.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm with you, I've got some good deals on my K22s and model 17s. The only reason I'm looking at this deal is because it is 17-1, I don't have that dash model. I'm thinking $700 tops.

·
Registered
74 Posts
All the dash -1 models that were being made as far back as 1957 bring some premium. They were only made for approx 9 months, and that includes all the models. Couldn't be many of each model and the 17-1's are hard to find if you are looking for one. I would pay 10-15% premium for a 17-1. I think there has been only one or two 28-1's found. On top of the rarity, this was a prime period for S&W quality, fitting, finish.

Charlie

·
Registered
22,070 Posts
Good luck with the negotiations. If the price is right please post pics of the model 17 after you bring it home.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts