Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I just joined up here today. I currently own a M&P 15-22 rifle and a 686 revolver as well as other pistols and rifles. I love going to the range and shooting the 15-22 with my Grandson. Our last outing we were experiencing misfires or light firing pin strikes. I thoroughly cleaned and lubricated the bolt and am going to switch ammo next time to see if that makes a difference. My other question is I see another member posted about a Volquartsen replacement firing pin. I have used many of their products on other guns with great results. Just wondering if anyone has used one or any other suggestions to fix this. Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When the firing pin on my 15-22 failed, I replaced it with the Volquartsen. The hits on the primer are deeper and cover more area since the swap. Now i'm hoping that it lasts longer the 15k rounds...

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Before going into "parts replacement"

First question to ask is what ammo are you using? When did the issue start. How old is the rifle? How many misfires out of 50 round or 100 rounds??

Doe it happen with many different brands of ammo??

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before going into "parts replacement"

First question to ask is what ammo are you using? When did the issue start. How old is the rifle? How many misfires out of 50 round or 100 rounds??

Doe it happen with many different brands of ammo??
The ammo I was using was Remington Thunderbolt. The rifle is about a year old and less than 300 rounds fired. One or two misfires every magazine of ten. Thanks for your response.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts