Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all my first post here, I’m looking At this revolver , see photo. Im told it’s a 14-2 masterpiece serial number K811xxx ,
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Revolver

photo is not good quality, there is an x on the frame at front of chamber can anyone tell my any information To what this revolver actually is .
thank you Bfit.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
The SN is from 1968, and the 14-3 came out in 1967. SN overlap isn't unknown in production, but it is a bit of a puzzler.

No idea what the X is all about. Do you know if it's marked on or ground in?

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
If it’s the X that I see it’s in the photo and actually says Text. It’s not on the gun. It’s a copy off the internet.
LOL, I was looking at the e thinking what is a screw head doing there?!

·
Premium Member
12,418 Posts
K807xxx (a 17-3) shipped 12/68, K822xxx (a 15-2) shipped 9/68.

K763xxx (a 14-2) shipped 12/67. K831xxx (a 14-3) shipped 3/69. K849xxx (a 14-2) shipped 3/69.

Reactions: combat

·
Registered
108 Posts
Excellent, you won’t find a better shooter. I have it’s Big Brother (8 3/8” barrel) and love it! Pictures at another time. The S&W Target Masterpiece is one of my most accurate revolvers. Best of luck!

·
Premium Member
12,418 Posts
One of my favorite couples is my 1951 K-38 and my 1969 Model 14-3.
Sewing machine Revolver Trigger Wood Sewing

Air gun Trigger Wood Gun barrel Revolver

Wood Hardwood Gun accessory Wood stain Leather

·
Registered
912 Posts
The worn finish on the ejector rod would lead me to believe that pistol had a lot of rounds through it. But if the rifling is good and there is no excessive play in any parts I wouldn't be concerned with round counts. These pistols are made to fire thousands of rounds in their lifetimes. I bought a 14 no dash that the previous owner had shot a lot, it's still like new mechanically and one of my favorite shooters.
Air gun Wood Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory

1 - 11 of 11 Posts