Smith And Wesson Forums banner

13-1

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  ussmanlovede36 
#1 ·
I purchased a 13-1 today for $300. In fairly rough condition. First question, is it worth it in the condition it’s in? Second, what kind of grips are these? I’ve not seen any with the smooth centers like these. Is it possible the checkering has been sanded off, or are these just grips that I’ve never seen before?

See less See more
#8 ·
I'll go one step further and say that any mechanically sound (shootable) K-frame Smith & Wesson is worth $300 these days. It may look a bit rough, but if it is mechanically good enough to shoot I'd buy it at that price any day and twice on Sunday.
I'd probably change the grips for a pair in better shape and maybe even touch it up with some cold bluing, but it would make a dandy "truck" gun or woods gun.

Reactions: Mjh and Curt360
#9 ·
I got to spend a few short minutes at the range. Despite my lack of handgun marksmanship, it shot some exceptional groups. Knowing the history of K frame forcing cones, and sticking to lighter, lower velocity loads, would the occasional magnum be anything to worry about?

#10 ·
First, congrats on scoring that model 13. I would think, as long a mechanically sound, that you would have no problem with shooting .357 rounds. Should handle standard factory rounds, would avoid "HOT" loads.

Reactions: Mjh
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.