Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pre 27 came in today, I wasn’t able to get it yet because unbeknownst to me they are doing construction this weekend and neglected to tell me they would be closed. Kinda frustrating. So in anticipation I got a box of Winchester 110 gr 357 because there’s not a lot of ammo options right now. I know these are probably tough on K frames but is it going to beat up a big N?

·
Registered
13,520 Posts
No, those wont hurt an N frame. They are only rated at 1295 fps. I load 158gr magnums that run 1200fps and 125gr that are up in the 1450 fps range, and that isnt with the highest allowable powder charge either

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Most of the 158 factory I buy are in the 1200 range. I’m starting to think reloading is something I want to do the more I get into shooting

·
Registered
13,520 Posts
Most of the 158 factory I buy are in the 1200 range. I’m starting to think reloading is something I want to do the more I get into shooting
I just started my 6th year of reloading. Have not saved a penny, but I get to shoot twice as much. At $25 a box, or more for 357 it is just too pricey for me to shoot as much as I do, but at $20 per hundred I can fire away!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts