Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking hard about a 10mm revolver. I have a semi auto. Not sure I need a 10mm revolver but thought I would put it to the group for thoughts. Guess i should mention I am set up to load 10mm and I already have 2 357's
Alex

·
Registered
12,691 Posts
The idea of buying a 10mm revolver has been rolling around in my head lately too. I have dies.
I think you should go ahead and get one, because.......well mainly because I'm an enabler and if you want it, I want you to have it, but not enough to chip in on it. :D

·
Registered
22,175 Posts
If the 10mm revolver is what you want....then GO BUY IT! :) We look forward to seeing the pics followed by a range report.:cool:

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
What barrel length? What do you want to do with it? Hunt? Range? SD? etc etc.

These pressing questions will help determine how we spend your money!:D

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't hunt so it would be a range toy/potential hiking tool in case I am over run by angry Javelina. Right now my out in the desert gun is my Springfield XDM in 10mm. Awesome gun but .. I really do like wheel guns!

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Didn't know Springfield built 10's.................

Reactions: Boriqua

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Didn't know Springfield built 10's.................
I tried the glock 20 and hated it and off it went and I tried the Rock Island Commander in 10mm and it was a nice shooter and easy to shoot well but I fell out of love with it but .. the XDM is one fine gun for a plastic wonder. I have since put in a 22# recoil spring but it still shoots brass 20 feet away. I also changed out the Striker retaining spring but other than that .. it just shoots and shoots well.

https://www.springfield-armory.com/xdm-10mm-features/

They also have one of their 1911's in 10mm ... I think it may be the TRP but my buddy who was a gunsmith for many years suggested I stay away from the 1911 platform for 10mm if I plan on shooting a lot. He may be nuts but it did make sense as the gun was designed for a cartridge with a much lower pressure.

I have had the XDM about a year and have only put about 1000 rds through it but its a fine gun. I paid a touch more but I am seeing them available for around $525-550 right now. if you want to try 10mm .. its a pretty fair buy in price and I highly recommend the gun.It has what I call a tactile trigger and I like it VERY much. I like a trigger with a bit of a stiff wall and a clear reset. Like I said .. you get a lot of gun for about $550

This was 21 rounds from the XDm at 10 yds the very first time I ever shot it or 10mm. Some nice sized holes she makes and I have tightened up on the accuracy since then but that is about as well as I have been able to muster regularly.

10mm.jpg

Right now Ruger has a VERY nice price on their 10mm Match. I just picked up two guns so going back to the well right now may not be in the cards but its attractive enough a price to seriously consider it.

·
Premium Member
1,062 Posts
Understand wanting the 610, but I don't shoot the N-frames very much anymore. I've loaded the 10mm for about ~15 years and there's a Delta Elite on my hip as I type this, chose the DE over the 610, but that was my choice...not saying it's better than the 610. :)

There are a lot of options for the 10mm these days, whatever you choose should make you happy. :)

·
Registered
23,200 Posts
Ruger or S&W, kind of hard to go wrong w/ either. Better yet, buy both & tell us which you prefer! (you didn't really think anyone here would discourage you from buying a new gun or 2 did you?) :)

·
Registered
3,536 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
scott .. dont think I haven't looked HARD at that gun. I am only worried about support or finding someone to fix it if needed but reviews on that gun are Awesome and I would be thrilled to have one of those!! Your right .. that is a nice choice

Rule .. I looked hard at that guy too but I have a 3 in GP in 357 and a 3 in 686 so I just thought I shouldnt be a stick in the mud .. go a little crazy and get the 4in.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts