Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,462 Posts
Hey HP,

Wow! What a fantastic example of ...........yesteryear!!

Good for you!

Later, Mark

Reactions: Breakaway500

·
Registered
19,953 Posts
Along with rotary dial phones, party lines and black and white TV's with small picture tubes... Simpler times for sure.

·
Super Moderator
14,017 Posts
Will I look that good (much less function that well) at 103 years of age?

Thanks for sharing it. What a pickup!

·
Premium Member
12,403 Posts
Pretty impressive. Good save on your part.

Reactions: jeepnut

·
Banned
332 Posts
On 18 April, 1917, this Model 1911 pistol was one of 1000 guns, serial numbers 144051-145050, shipped to the Commanding Officer, Ordnance Depot, Manila The Philippines. I think it still looks pretty good for it's age.

Saying "I think it still looks pretty good for it's age" wins my Understatement of the Month trophy.

I'm curious, do you shoot it every now and then? Speaking for myself, if I had it, it would be hard not to run a couple of magazines through it once in a while. I have a 1918 not in anywhere near as good a condition as yours, and I do fire it now and then.

Your pistol is a beautiful example of a truly iconic and historic firearm.

·
Premium Member
12,403 Posts
What a beauty! Great that you have the history of it as well.

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I have two 1911s that were my late Father's. One is a commercial model with an Ace unit. The other one is really cool. It's a 1911A1 that he bought almost 50 years ago. It was owned by a Phillipine Guerrilla fighter in WWII who shipped it home in a popcorn box. He painted it black to cut down on the glare when he took it out on tactical missions. It's looser than a goose but shoots really well.
Really wish it could talk.:cool:
Jim

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Any 1911pistol 103 yrs old and still fire is absolutely awesome.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts