Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a good deal on a fixed sight 1006. I was wondering if adjustable sights are still available?
Also I find the grips somewhat uncomfortable ( a bit to narrow for my paws). Can anyone recommend some nice wooden grips?

·
Banned
732 Posts
The Smith & Wesson adjustable rear sight ass'y with those (ugly) steel ears will not fit that slide. At one time Pachmayr made an aftermarket ass'y (also kind of ugly) but I don't know if they still do. Possibly you could try Millet.

Bruce

P.S. Novak may also have an adjustable rear sight to fit that dovetail.

·
Registered
10,920 Posts
Welcome to the forum Brutus. How is Olive Oyl? :mrgreen:
Hogue makes wood grips for the 10XX pistols. We have some guys here that swear by the Hogue rubber grips. I been meaning to order some but,,, Got to get a round tuit

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a set of Eagle grips for my 1006 that I bought several years ago. Their in Rolling Meadows Illinois, a suburb of Chicago. They make beautiful wood grips and specialty like buffalo horn. If you have big hands you'd like the grips I have. They are more substantial than the original and they wrap around the back of the grip. I just ordered a set for my Hi Power. I think if you google it you should be able to find them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts