Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can you swap a factory S&W 40 caliber barrel in a 1006 and have it shoot or are there issues with such things as the magazine or other aspects?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi,
Let me start by saying I don't know if this is possible. Some time back there was a lot of interest in getting Bar-Sto to make 40 S&W barrels to fit the 1006, but due to not enough demand, it was not done. The folks interested in this were mostly 1006 users and I think if the 40 barrel could be swapped out, it would have been done. BarSto had previously made the 40 S&W conversions for the 1006, but stopped due to demand drying up. I have the 1006 and a 4026, but the barrel length of the 4026 is too short for the 1006, so testing is not feasible for me. The 40 S&W will work in the 10mm mags - that much I know, although all this does not exactly answer your question. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So the full length 40S&W factory barrels aren't long enough for the 1006 slide. Well, that's what I wanted to know. Thank you for the feedback. My Glock 22 is the only pistol I have that is multi-caliber. It can shoot 40, 9mm, and 357 sig. Might get a 22LR slide for it if they make one.

·
Banned
917 Posts
Since the FBI dumped the 40 S&W, to go back to 9MM, there have been a lot of 40S&W firearms showing up at LGSs and Pawn Shops. So it's a great time to do some looking around for a 40S&W, at a good price, if that is what you are looking for.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Since the FBI dumped the 40 S&W, to go back to 9MM, there have been a lot of 40S&W firearms showing up at LGSs and Pawn Shops. So it's a great time to do some looking around for a 40S&W, at a good price, if that is what you are looking for.
I have my share of 40s&w pistols, I just wanted the 'cool factor' of having an interchangeable 10mm/40s&w old-school blaster.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts