Smith And Wesson Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got dragged to a local gun shop I hadn't been into for a while and in the revolver display case was a real oddball custom. 3" slabbed barrel, full underlug, round butt wearing S&W combat wood grips checkered on the backstraps, bobbed hammer, skeletonized trigger, recessed cylinder, flat black parkerized finish,U.S.Treasury badge sideplate. 1 of 2 engraved on the barrel side..three large initials engraved on the top of the barrel (can't remember what they were) and..chambered for .22 Jet. The "story" was some treasury guy had a pair of them made and this was one of them. Interesting enough to fondle it..very nice trigger..but the asking price of $1100 plus the fact that 22 Jet was like finding hens teeth made me hand it back with no regrets. Still,it was an interesting custom. No pictures allowed..some gun shops are quite paranoid about cameras.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shop owner said he had shot it and the cases had a tendancy to back out and jam the cylinder. Not exactly what I would have told a potential buyer,but I did appreciate the info! If it had been in 38 special for under $700 it may have followed me home. It was very professionally done.He had a 41 with a long barrel and diffuser that had crisp mechanics, but cosmetically challenged..blueing loss on the slide and frame..left side....almost like blood does..for $650. I'm still thinking about that one....but I have my eyes on a 9 shot 22 revolver on GB...for 1/2 that..:)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts