Smith And Wesson Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, just got my first revolver today. It's a 10-6 with 4" heavy barrel. The serial number is 2D89xxx, so I believe that makes it a 1978 manufacture.

I bought it from Aim Surplus, who said it's a police trade in from overseas. I know this is probably a long shot, but does anyone know where it might have come from? This one it marked JP 600.

Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,840 Posts
Buds Guns recently had a batch of M-10's that had belonged to a French Provincial police force and I seem to remember another online dealer recently having some that were also from France, but I don't recall if it was AIM Surplus or not. In general they all seem to show a lot of finish wear and the grips are usually beat up, but I'll bet they were carried a lot and shot a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Buds Guns recently had a batch of M-10's that had belonged to a French Provincial police force and I seem to remember another online dealer recently having some that were also from France, but I don't recall if it was AIM Surplus or not. In general they all seem to show a lot of finish wear and the grips are usually beat up, but I'll bet they were carried a lot and shot a little.
That's how this looks. Holster wear on the end of the barrel, and beat up grips with the finish on the metal worn off. Everything else looks almost new, including the bore.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I bought one of those a while back from Bud's. It had some strange non factory grips on it and a lot of the bluing had holster wear. I cleaned it up and stuck some grips on it and it turned out to be a nice little revolver

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
shoot her in good health mate...welcome.

thewelshm

1 - 11 of 11 Posts