• 1 Post By SidecarFlip
  • 1 Post By Curt360
  • 1 Post By SidecarFlip

Thread: Radians, Custom Molded Earplugs Review

Member #
    Liked
    26520 times

Radians, Custom Molded Earplugs Review

I recently purchased these Radians Custom Molded Earplugs on Amazon for just under $10. I have no affiliation with the manufacturer or seller of this product nor am I being compensated for this review:
    Here is what I got Name:  15B71903-9941-4385-AEA6-7B4363CC47F3.jpeg
Views: 51
Size:  1.74 MB The package is roughly the size of a 3x5 card and is less than an inch thick. Here are the contents. You get 2 plastic containers of silicone rubber putty, good instructions, warranty paper and a cloth bag for the finished product.
    Name:  5B54DD1A-567B-4E4F-A80A-D10B24D916AB.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  2.28 MB
    You divide each container of putty in half. The 2 parts must be combined for the putty to harden.
    Name:  752AD481-F734-4D1E-89D9-1504001D5F89.jpeg
Views: 42
Size:  2.53 MBName:  47BBE424-95C2-4D13-BAE1-36A1D42A634A.jpeg
Views: 44
Size:  2.22 MB
    Take half of each container and mix them together for 30-40 seconds. The white hardener myst be mixed in completely. It combines quite easily. Here I have just started mixing the 2 and have to work it a bit more.
    Name:  555A738B-46D9-4F45-8C1C-45896E6C63EF.jpeg
Views: 39
Size:  2.65 MB

I will continue in the next post

Member #
    Liked
    26520 times
    Once the 2 parts are completely mixed, you shove it in your ear. You keep foldins the edges in as it squishes out and around. Its not messy though. Anyways, you push in on it so it goes into the ear canal part way and after 10 minutes you can remove it and repeat the process on the other side. I formed a little area to grip them when I made these
    Name:  4075A4F0-044B-48EE-A10F-79463E219E05.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  1.79 MBName:  C547C362-27E5-4463-B7CE-8C53D57F5E48.jpeg
Views: 46
Size:  2.45 MB
    Here is the finished pair. After forming they need to cure a few hours
    Name:  C1B8EB74-EAB3-421D-898F-8473A508F263.jpeg
Views: 37
Size:  3.04 MB
    These are the Most Comfortable hearing protection I have ever used. I made my first pair of these over 3 years ago and have used them every range trip. They block sound a lot better than the basic “Roll and insert” foam plugs. They hold up. I can still use my first set from over 3 years ago, but the were beginning to look grungy. My first pair was blue. Currently on Amazon I found red, orange and tan. Ear muff type protection could easily and comfortably be worn along with these.
    If you have tried a variety of hearing protection but never quite found the just right type, I would suggest giving these a try. Like I said, I have used these for over 3 years and will never go back to conventional, one size fits all, earplugs. At less than $10 they are affordable enough to give a try. Did I say how comfortable these are???

Member #
    Liked
    18420 times
    Tried everything from the cheapo roll and insert ear plugs (I wear them at night so I don't have to listen to Amy snore (don't breathe a word of that, she reads the forum once in a while...lol) to the Howard Leight ear plugs to electronic muffs, then I got my wallet out and bought a pair of Walker's game ears. They aren't cheap but do they work. I can shoot my 460 which is a huge noise maker, in a blind and not have any issues and they are Bluetooth so I have an app on my phone to control them and they play streaming music too and you can set them for different sound attenuations from stealth (like when stalking a deer to range to block out other's shooting noise) but at the same time, you can hear someone talking to you.,

Fit is excellent and they come with assortment of ear plugs and ear fitment stuff that allow you to custom fit them to your ears. Mine fit tight, block 70% of tansient noise and they even come with a docking station that has a charger battery built in to charge them up and when I get them home, I plug them into a USB cable to charge the docking station back up.

I really like them and they work very well.

Price is the issue however, not a cheap date at 200 bucks but I've spent a lot of time fiddling with hearing protection and the Walker's Game ears work and work well for me.
    Curt360 likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18420 times
    Dam Jonsey, no grey hair... Nice to be young I guess. hell, I don't have any hair anymore.
    jonesy814 likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    81447 times
    Glad that style of hearing protection works for you. I may have to try it in the near future.
    jonesy814 likes this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    18420 times
    My comment wasn't to hijack the thread and I may try the 'play dough' plugs as well but for hunting where I need the sound recognition, only the Walkers do the job. Don't want to block out everything audible, just the blast from the explosion of the powder.

I reality, the attenuated electronic ear muffs work too but are bulky and really don't work in a hunting situation. You'd have to have them around your neck when stalking and then out them on prior to discharging the weapon and a lot of times, there isn't time for that. seconds count. Especially deer don't stand still very long.
    jonesy814 likes this.
    Daryl......

Links