Can anyone tell me what I have?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Can anyone tell me what I have?

Member #
    Liked
    25976 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Waidmann View Post
    It also looks as if the barrel was shortened and the front sight soldered on. This not an atypical alteration of a British Service revolver. Nickel, remodeling to mimic the 4 inch M&P and faux stag grips were late 1950's cool!
    Concur that the faux stag grips and shortening the barrel were cool things to do!

If the barrel has been shortened, then the various logos will not be centered on the barrel. So if you see something like ".38 S&W C'' by the time the wording reaches the muzzle, and not ".38 S&W CTG" neatly centered on the barrel, it's been shortened. Not a bad deal, lots of folks like the balance of a 4" or 5" barrel over 6" and 8" ones. It's a pretty common alteration all told. Refinishing is common, but alters the value of the piece badly.

So what you have is a shooter, but one that should give you many thousands of rounds of good recoil therapy!!
    No God, No Good.... Know God, Know Good....

Any government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.--- Thomas Jefferson

911 Response time: 600+ seconds. 1911 response time: 800+ feet per second.

US Navy, Vietnam Vet, NRA Life Member, GOA Life Member, Hook'em Horns!

Member #
    Liked
    7920 times
    to the forum from SE Indiana. There is always something new that can learned here.
    IGNORANCE IS THE MOST EXPENSIVE COMMODITY THAT YOU CAN OWN

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    38 S&W CTG

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    91 times
    Nice! I like, have you had it to the range yet? Curious to hear how it shoots.
    Life is short, take time to enjoy it.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Links