Information help on Older Model 41
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Information help on Older Model 41

Member #
    Liked
    1395 times
    I would be concerned about the aluminum slide and 22 long rifle ammo. I would definitely do some researching on that. Also, there’s the matter of recoil spring weight between the 22 short and 22 long rifle. That a very nice and collectible handgun and I would want to get a good education before possibly ruining a fine handgun.

I would also check if 22 short high velocity would be ok in it or if 22 short standard velocity is recommended. You are doing right by seeking information.

Joe A.

Member #
    Liked
    11861 times
    If it's a factory gun .22LR won't chamber.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    thanks Series Guy! That's what I believe it is but I'll try to verify further. It will only eat standard velocity ammo while I possess it. I have others for .22lr. Buckmark and 422. Wanting a model 18. No need in abusing a descent 41 or 41-1 for a little more bang.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    My thoughts too Jace... Better safe than sorry

Member #
    Liked
    1395 times
    I did a little researching on the 41-1's aluminum slide and it was part of the 41-1 22 short package. That reinforces my concerns about replacing the the barrel and magazine with a 22 lr barrel. If there is no frame difference and you wanted to fire 22 lr, maybe a complete upper kit including steel slide and recoil springs, etc. may work.

For 22 short ammo, check with CCI. One 22 short offering they have sounds as if it's standard velocity.

Also, you most likely will find information at RimfireCentral forum. Look for the S&W sub forum. Lot's of good guys over there that I'm sure can answer your questions.

Joe A.

Member #
    Liked
    12791 times
    Without some good photos every body is just guessing. on anything but the serial number telling you what year it was made !!1
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Thanks for all sthe reply. I'm trying to get photos but my camera has shot craps and I only have a "dumb phone". Will get some soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links