• 1 Post By Mac23
  • 3 Post By jstanfield103

Thread: My New S&W M-41

Member #
    Liked
    78 times

My New S&W M-41

Guy's / Gals

I have been wanting a S&W M41 for several years. Ever since I sold the one I had that I could not get to function with out a stove pipe every magazine. It was an older one that had the compensator and weights. I got this new one on Monday and it looked great, only problem I saw was the feed ramp was butchered from the factory. Must have been a really bad bit when it was cut. I sanded the feed ramp tooling gouges out of it and polished the ramp. Looks good now and function great. I sighted the factory sights in yesterday with 200 rounds. Only problem was one failure to load on second magazine. No problems what so ever after that. What a beautiful pistol. Every bit a nice as the older ones as far as bluing and build quality. In fact better in build quality, this one shoots fine so far.

Anyway,

What a versatile pistol this is going to be. It's going to be so much fun to shoot.
    I got my scope rail on her today, still can use the factory sights with the scope rail. Then put my Vortex Venom on it. Nice red dot and compact. Looks great. Then fixed a scope on her for that precision shooting when needed. Tomorrow is range day to sight them all in. Happy, Happy, Happy.

jeepnut, scott, series guy and 4 others like this.
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Member #
    Liked
    58530 times
    Very nice 41 and looks like the set ups will be extremely versatile. Look forward to a range report.
    Curt360 likes this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    8039 times
    Congratulations!
    Go try to wear it out!
    Curt360 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6796 times
    Congrats. Hard to beat a 41.
    Curt360 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Thanks guy's,
    I have small hands so I ended up sanding the right thumb rest off the factory grip and re-finished it in wax. Looks factory done and feel great. I then went in and adjusted the poundage of the trigger as light as it would go and the trigger over travel. Painted the front sight bright Red also. She is already to go for the range tomorrow. I am glad I did not buy another used one. This new one is shooting very well so far. Not but that one hick up on the second magazine and that's been it. Very happy with her. I have two Ruger Mark IV's and a 1978 Browning Challenger two that I really Love all three of these pistols. All are great shooters and very well made, but this M41 I have fallen in Love with. It quickly became my favorite pistol. I will eventually get two more barrels for it and set each barrel up the way I use all the sighting systems on this that I have now. Just change a barrel out and leave the sights on it.

Here is a couple pictures of the grip as it is now. It locks right in my smaller hands very comfortable.

Curt360, WendyZXZ and Injunbro like this.
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Member #
    Liked
    78013 times
    Sweet 41! Your going to really have fun with that gem. Congrats.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Thank you.
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    38931 times
    That is a fine model 41!
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    78 times
    Thanks Wendy
    Aim Small, Miss Small

Links