The TC Classic .22RF rifle while pleasing to the eye was and is a problematic design
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: The TC Classic .22RF rifle while pleasing to the eye was and is a problematic design

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4668 times

The TC Classic .22RF rifle while pleasing to the eye was and is a problematic design

The TC Classic .22RF rifle while pleasing to the eye was and is a problematic functional design. I returned my first example to TC due to function problems and TC replaced that rifle with a second .22 Classic which also was basically non functional. Thus I placed in it the back of the safe out of sight and out of mind. My thoughts were I'll let TC work thru the design and or manufacturing procedures.

Basically TC gave up on the design and removed the .22 Classic from production. So I decided to wait until a new rifle design from TC. As the years past TC recently introduced a new .22RF rifle which had similarities to a Ruger Design which included a rotary magazine. Thus I thought its time to send the non functional .22Classic back to TC to be exchanged for the newly designed.

Yesterday talked to the TC side of S&W with a discussion of what part of a life time warranty did TC not understand. I was feed this gibberish about the warranty only covered material and workmanship. So after a discussion of what part of a life time warranty does TC not understand I received a return shipping authorization label via E-mail. Shipped the rifle out this morning.

I await their disposition!
    jeepnut, paulwv and RdrBill like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5908 times
    Without knowing what the issue is, I don't think any warranty is a "exchange program"??

Why TC over a tried and true Ruger 10/22??
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    61453 times
    Hopefully they will take care of you and replace rifle.
    paulwv and Injunbro like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    18491 times
    Nigh on impossible to reinvent the wheel and Ruger invented the wheel with their 10-22 carbine. I have a couple, great rifles, inexpensive and eat anything you put in the rotary magazine.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
    Without knowing what the issue is, I don't think any warranty is a "exchange program"??

Why TC over a tried and true Ruger 10/22??
    The .22 Classic was removed from production because of the design/ manufacturing/ quality control issues. TC at the time offered a replacement for the .22 Classic with a S&W .22RF rifle.

I don't think any warranty is a "exchange program"? If the rifle is non functional and no longer produced then they would under the life time warranty need to offer an exchange of some sort or their warranty is not worth the paper it was printed on!!!!!!
    RdrBill, Bob K and Injunbro like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5908 times
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40xnc View Post
    The .22 Classic was removed from production because of the design/ manufacturing/ quality control issues. TC at the time offered a replacement for the .22 Classic with a S&W .22RF rifle.

I don't think any warranty is a "exchange program"? If the rifle is non functional and no longer produced then they would under the life time warranty need to offer an exchange of some sort or their warranty is not worth the paper it was printed on!!!!!!
    OK then why not just wait until you hear back from them??????????????????

Seems like "years" ago would have been the time to get whatever corrected.
    Last edited by Rule3; 07-18-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    NRA Certified RSO

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rule3 View Post
    OK then why not just wait until you hear back from them??????????????????

Seems like "years" ago would have been the time to get whatever corrected.
    I did not like what they offered in exchange and decided to wait to see what would develop which was nothing until recently.
    RdrBill and Injunbro like this.

Member #
    Liked
    13936 times
    Most likely, you have waited too long to get an exchange that you like. If they stopped production of the rifle, they probably won't honor it anymore. It's their call! Bob
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    4668 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    Most likely, you have waited too long to get an exchange that you like. If they stopped production of the rifle, they probably won't honor it anymore. It's their call! Bob
    Its the principle of the thing that irritates me, to place an item into the market place that is and was functionally problematic then replace my original purchase with another of the same which was also problematic. If they don't honor my warranty claim it says a lot more about them than me! I waited till they brought to the marketplace a functional design that mimics Ruger!
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    13936 times
    A lot of times "the principle of the thing" gets me boiling mad.........but, there is little that you can do. They DID replace the original, in good faith. It did not have to meet your approval, however. I know it sucks, but......that's life!!! Anything that you might do, including " to not buy their products anymore " would carry little weight. They don't give a hoot!!! Bob
    KZero likes this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links