Victory Back From Smith-Worse Than Before!
Like Tree11Likes
  • 6 Post By G. I. Shooter
  • 1 Post By SidecarFlip
  • 2 Post By Wiregrassguy
  • 1 Post By Ratzo
  • 1 Post By Rule3

Thread: Victory Back From Smith-Worse Than Before!

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    I purchased a Victory PC for my wife and after three weeks she gave up on it. Very embarassing at the range, manually ejected rounds all over the place. She went back to her Ruger Mark 4 Hunter, old reliable. I called Smith and then decided to send it back. Well after 3 1/2 weeks we got an email from Fedex, not Smith, stating that we had a signature required package on it's way. I called Smith and yes it was the Victory. Very poor customer service, what if did not know and were not home to sign for it. They stated that they polished the barrel and ramp, changed the extractor and spring, three week old gun! Sounds like a text book repair. A few days before we got the email I replaced the trigger in her Ruger with a flat faced Tandemkross as she loves those. The Victory comes in and off to the range with the Ruger and Victory. She tries out the new trigger in the Ruger and her face beams from ear to ear as she loves it! Well she fired 8/9 magazines and can't wait to fire the Victory. Magazine loaded and it jammed on the second round. Manual jam after manual jam. Ok switch to Federal, no success. Switch to CCI Standard Velocity, no success. Now to Aquila (spelling?), same story, very embarassing. A bunch of folks tried everything, no difference. Going to try a bunch of Tandemkross upgrades as Smith is a joke
    If that does not work the gun will be in the classified section and use the money for another Ruger! Wish that I did some research on the Victory as there are NUMEROUS posts regarding the same issue! Do your homework before you buy!!
    Last edited by G. I. Shooter; 06-08-2019 at 07:18 PM.
    Cliff, Injunbro, lawdog and 3 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17908 times
    I prefer Volkquartsen Ruger upgrades over everything else. Far as your Victory, I've hard they ain't much.
    The Happy Kaboomer likes this.
    Daryl......

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, all of the people some of the time, but you cannot fool mom....

Member #
    Liked
    9 times
    A few folks at our gun club had both triggers and she went for the Tandemkross!

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    41063 times
    to the forums from the Wiregrass! Sorry you're having problems. My .22 Victory has been rock solid.
    Rcope822 and Curt360 like this.
    Guy

S&WCA #2629 | Ex-Navy Vietnam Vet. / Submariner | NRA Member | S&W Historical Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    5219 times
    Sorry you got a clunker. If it were me I wouldn’t spend any more time or money with that pistol. Maybe I’d give it one more trip to the factory. It’s not to say that they are are all bad, members here have them and love them. Yours unfortunately is a bad one. The wife will never like it and it will sit in the safe and never get used. Use the money you can salvage from the sale to buy more ammo!

There are bad ones in every model. I have a Ruger 22/45 lite that while it functions fine, it patterns rather than groups. Screw on the suppressor and it doesn’t even pattern anymore. I’m sure it’s got something to do with the barrel tension, but for the value/cost it isn’t worth it to me. My Browning Buckmark is flawless. One of these days I’ll sell it.
    Curt360 likes this.
    If you can't be who you are, then you don't exist.

Member #
    Liked
    5739 times
    I have several Ruger MKII and have done upgrades to them They were my go to 22 Pistol best built 22 pistol ever (IMHO)

I bought a Victory. It was flawless out of the box. I eventually added a TK trigger to it. The trigger is awesome. Never had an issue with ANY brand of ammo.

When I go to the range I bring the SW now. It is almost as accurate as my M 41 and lot lighter!!
    Cliff likes this.
    NRA Certified RSO

Member #
    Liked
    77511 times
    Welcome to the forum! I would send it back for another try at the factory to resolve the issues.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    Sorry to hear you're having problems. I had to send my brand new 617 back to S&W for repairs, but they did fix things on the first try. Still kinda ticked that a bad 617 got shipped out in the first place. I hope they do you right.

Links