Ruger just made a semi I have to have
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Ruger just made a semi I have to have

Member #
    Liked
    1499 times

Ruger just made a semi I have to have

I havent seen street pricing yet but .... The 57 looks like something that has to make its way here if its not to expensive. I know guys that have guns in that cartridge and LOVE them.

https://www.ruger.com/micros/57/#show

https://www.ruger.com/products/ruger57/models.html

Member #
    Liked
    59475 times
    Interesting. Last I knew 5.7 ammo was very expensive.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    6235 times
    Damn it Ruger, they need to stop doing this! I bought a FN 5.7 a while back, Nice gun but the trigger sucks, Nothing you can do about it. I would have preferred a Ruger!

5.7 ammo is no worse than buying 45 Colt or some other rounds. Around $18 per 50. I bought a case when Federal had a rebate was even less then.

I calculated the reloading costs and it is not worth it to me, plus it is a PITA to reload.
    NRA Certified RSO

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    6196 times
    my SIL was all pumped up about the 5-7 - he traded into a FN a year or so ago and I had the chance to shoot it a bit at the local range.. the cartridge itself looked pretty cool - small pointy pill on bottleneck brass..

However I wasn't particularly impressed with either the gun or the cartridge - but I admit i'm more of a big bore shooter and like to feel the thump..

I know there is a case to make on the ballistics of the cartridge, the low recoil and high-velocity and the higher round count in the mag - but for my self defense scenario, a "flying ashtray" makes more sense.. knock 'em down not spin a small hole thru 'em.
    Speak softly, but carry a big Smith..

While many are stronger, the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.

Member #
    Liked
    17623 times
    I'm really not interested in Polymer frame guns.
    Oldgungeezer, jeepnut and Nomadmax like this.

Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Interesting.

FN has had this caliber to themselves for a long time. Although it's really just a curiosity piece to me, at Ruger used prices, it might be an interesting thing to own.

I've never been a huge Ruger fan, but you have to admit, they've been doing a lot of interesting things lately.
    Last edited by Rodan; 12-31-2019 at 03:53 PM.
    blazermark, Boriqua and jeepnut like this.
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

Member #
    Liked
    1499 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodan View Post
    Interesting.

FN has had this caliber to themselves for a long time. Although it's really just a curiosity piece to me, at Ruger used prices, it might be an interesting thing to own.

I've never been a huge Ruger fan, but you have to admit, they've been doing a lot of interesting things lately.
    The FN intriqued me but not $1200 worth .. still... Friends loved it and ..well .. it is very cool to me for some reason. I gave a fleeting thought to the Rock Island TCM but .. if the 5.7 is a somewhat boutique cartridge then the TCM is really out there.

But .. if true to Ruger plastic form, the Ruger57 comes in at around $500 ish ... Hmmmmmmm

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26552 times
    The gun shop I was at this morning said it should be around $700. Not set in stone, but that's the word I've had on it so far.
    Boriqua and jeepnut like this.
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    249 times
    Suggested retail of $799... $700 sounds about right for the street price.

With Ruger in town here we have a local gun shop that gets a lot of used new model Rugers. They've never officially confirmed it, but I think they've got an inside line and get some of the magazine/journalist test guns. They often have 3-4 examples of brand new models show up 'used' for a significant discount.

I also have a couple sources for used Rugers that were bought at employee pricing.
    Boriqua and jeepnut like this.
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

Member #
    Liked
    31932 times
    They also just announced an LCP II in 22 long rifle. Competing with The S&W EZ line I think. They are really talking up how easy it is to rack the slide. Would be a good, cheap trainer for the 380 version
    https://www.ruger.com/micros/liteRack/
    Boriqua, jeepnut, Curt360 and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links