SCCY pistols, what are they all about? I'd never heard of them until today.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree73Likes

Thread: SCCY pistols, what are they all about? I'd never heard of them until today.

Member #
    Liked
    62719 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewelshm View Post
    I had a CPX 1 pure garbage, but lifetime warranty... The CPX 2 has a great review with Hickok45..

Thewelshm p
    The CPX 2 is what my son has.
    Thewelshm and Oldgungeezer like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    11977 times
    In our Pawn / Gun shop we sell alot of SCCY ( pronounced SKY) pistols. The action reminds me alot of the old 469 Smith Pistol Actions . Of the ones we have sold we have only had 2 come back. SCCY replaced both pistols no questions asked. for an in-expensive defense pistol on a budget . I think they fill a niche . The one i shot worked fine and accuracy was acceptable ...
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Member #
    Liked
    769 times
    I think SCCY and Taurus have upped their game with the quality of their latest offerings. It's good to see. Everyone should be able to defend themselves regardless of their economic standing, in my opinion.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2120 times
    Well based on my brief and crappy experience with Kel Tec, I'm sure I'm not interested in any off shoots. Had enough trouble with the original crappy product they sold me. I did wind up visiting the factory over in Cocoa Beach ( for repair #1 on a P3AT, since I live in Tampa I made a road trip in my Vette ) and was not at all impressed with the operation. After repair #2 ( which wasn't any better than #1 ) I was fortunate enough to sell the damned thing to a friend who talked me into buying one in the first place since his was at a gunsmith waiting on Kel Tec to send parts which all tolled took 4 months to complete. $$$wise, I came out OK for a year's worth of aggravation but sure did waste too much time on the damned thing. The only gun in my 44 year old collection I ever got rid of and was happy to do so.

Member #
    Liked
    127 times
    I have a CPX2, it was on sale for $154 when I bought it. I've got over 3000 rounds right nine with absolutely zero problems. It feeds anything I put in it and goes bang everytime. The trigger is a long heavy pull that started it gritty but it's smoother now. It was my everyday carry gun until I lost 40 pounds and could carry iwb. I still carry it occasionally but it goes to the range with me everytime I go.
    jeepnut and Thewelshm like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5617 times
    The ones I know of are proclaimed to be good guns by their owners and they are not inexperienced gun owners. One friend, a owner of SCCY, is notorious for buying small, reliable handguns and stashing them in his truck, boat, bike, etc. in places where he can get to one in case he doesn’t have his primary carry.
    He likes SCCY handguns for that role.
    Curt360, powrguy and OzarkMarine like this.

Member #
    Liked
    86 times
    The two owners I know are very pleased with their guns. Not elegant or competition quality guns but reliable and more than adequate for CC or HD use.
    powrguy likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    32 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Thewelshm View Post
    I had a CPX 1 pure garbage, but lifetime warranty... The CPX 2 has a great review with Hickok45..

Thewelshm p
    I haven't seen all of Hickok 45 reviews, but I've never seen a bad one from him soooo ????
    mark38090 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2120 times
    I don't subscribe to risking my life on an inferior gun because it's economical. I would rather do without and save for one of dependable reputation and quality.
    Thewelshm and Okiewind like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5617 times
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecar View Post
    I don't subscribe to risking my life on an inferior gun because it's economical. I would rather do without and save for one of dependable reputation and quality.
    Sometimes folks just can’t afford the best. They settle for something less expensive. From what I’ve gathered from those that own them and have shot them, they feel they are reliable and not a huge loss if they disappear. Their opinions carry some weight with some, and probably don’t with others.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Links