Took My New Ruger LC9s to the range today.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Took My New Ruger LC9s to the range today.

Member #
    Liked
    14015 times

Took My New Ruger LC9s to the range today.

It is exactly what I wanted!!!!! It's small, compact, and light and it fits my hand perfectly. I shoot with my right hand only, due to a torn rotator cuff in my left shoulder. While I'm not that steady.......it worked out OK for me........ at 50', all my shots were on the paper, I think. Then I moved to about 10', and peppered the black with all my shots. I shot some Aquila 115 gr.FMJ ammo.....it seemed like a good round for practice, so I bought 100 rds. of Winchester at Walmart (Under $18).

This is one fine pistol, that I would recommend to everyone. It's flat, light, and fits in the front pocket with a nylon pocket holster just about perfect! That makes it perfect for summer carry. Just what I wanted. First thing I noticed was, loading the mags. I had forgot the Uplula loader (of course). They were very stiff, making it a project to load. As time went on.....they loosened up a bit! The pistol itself was stiff and hard to operate. But, it loosened up too.

It's not as powerful as my .38 Spl.+P revolvers (lot less kick and not as loud), which makes it better for good gun handling. It is very smooth to shoot, but the 3 dot sites are hard to see at the indoor range. (That's a good excuse!!!! ) I absolutely love it.....I could 'make do' with just this one pistol......but, I don't have too! Bob
    Curt360, arky, WendyZXZ and 10 others like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    84772 times
    Glad your happy with the LC9. Sounds like it will fit your needs.
    Oldgungeezer, jeepnut and Bob K like this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    4257 times
    If you aren’t comfortable with a gun you probably won’t carry it. The Ruger is a great gun and I’m glad it worked for you.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2130 times
    I'm glad you like it and it worked out for you.I did the pocket. 380 thing a couple of years ago. My first mistake was buying a KelTec. It gave me nothing but trouble until I ultimately got rid of it. I've been pocket carrying a 642 since then. I do have an Interarms version of the Walther PPK/S if I'm feeling. 380ish. By the way, don't forget I get first dibbs on your 66-1 2 1/2".

Member #
    Liked
    1074 times
    I went through the KelTec 9mm and 380 phase too. The .380 always shot fine, no hiccups. The 9mm was very problematic and I was happy to have sold it. Sold the .380 to a buddy later and never looked back. Very happy with the Ruger LCR .38 and it rides fine in my front pocket. I also bought the Ruger LCR in .22 and still trying to figure that out, but I’m a sucker for .22s.
    Oldgungeezer, bluecar and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    58306 times
    Sounds like you picked a winner Bob... don't let Donna touch it or she'll adopt another one of your guns!!!
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    6670 times
    Good luck with it. Enjoy!
    Oldgungeezer and Curt360 like this.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    3619 times
    I have a Ruger LC9S and took it out shooting a couple of times and it is a very good gun.
    After a couple of mags it performed great without any FTF's and ejected brass with no problems.
    The trigger to me is too light to pocket carry with safety off.
    I tried the LC9S Pro (no safety) at the LGS before buying the one I have now.
    It won't take the place of one of my LCP's for warm weather summer carry.
    Oldgungeezer and Curt360 like this.
    USMC 1969-1973

Member #
    Liked
    14015 times
    Thanks guys, I should have done this years ago........but then I wouldn't have a LC9s! Can't praise it enough.....a well engineered pistol! MAY BECOME MY EVERY DAY CARRY! I haven't decided on what to do with my 3 S&W K frames yet. If I keep them....I become a "COLLECTOR".......pretty high class. Not my style, but, I should have some time to think about it..........unless I 'kick the bucket' sooner than expected!

Bluecar......my M-66-1 is worth BIG BUCKS! But, I am fair. Are you willing to pay for it? Bob
    Last edited by Bob K; 09-05-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Oldgungeezer, Injunbro and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    14015 times
    Irv......no worries about Donna taking it away. She's got a torn rotator cuff too, besides being pretty weak. She could never pull back the slide on it! I doubt she could pull back the slide on my SR22, either. I guess I'm still on my own, we each go different ways every day. We don't really have that much in common......but we love each other, and get along just fine. (Unless I do something wrong. Then, she screams at me!!!! I just 'put on' my wimpy face, and hang my head in shame. It works every time!!!! ) Bob
    Last edited by Bob K; 09-05-2019 at 01:45 PM.
    Oldgungeezer, Injunbro and Curt360 like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links