SIG SAUER P238
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: SIG SAUER P238

Member #
    Liked
    631 times
    My long SIG story, prefaced with "if you don't enjoy that gun you will be in a very tiny minority!":

I have TWO P238's and here's how that happened: One of the newbie women at one of our shooting groups had this cute little black gun laying on the shooting bench. I was her RO/coach for that night. I glanced at the gun and thought, "OH NO - I hope that's not a Bodyguard or she will never shoot again!" Then I looked closer when she picked it up and and I saw that it was a SIG. I complimented her on having such a very fine gun, which made her husband very proud because he picked it out for her. ANYWAY, I asked if I could shoot it after she was finished shooting. Normally I shoot one or at most two rounds, hand a gun back and say Thank You. THIS ONE WAS SO SWEET that I literally could not put it down until I emptied the magazine. OK - only 6 rounds, but I was hooked!

I went home that night and started researching prices for all the P238 models, prior to going to stores to fondle them.

The first purchase was a Scorpion FDE with G-10 grips. I got that first because I shoot left handed and at the time it was the only P238 model with an ambi safety (that changes from year to year with SIG). But I had fallen in total and complete LOVE/LUST with the Rainbow model. I am not a girly woman at all, and do not dare try to give me a pink or purple gun BUT that Rainbow was the most beautiful thing!

Once I found out that I can flick off the safety faster with my trigger finger of my left hand than I can with my thumb, all I had to do was find the Rainbow at a price I was willing to pay. One night, "something" told me to peek at Gunbroker and lo and behold, there was my rainbow at my price!

Name:  2017 first shots 7 yard target and gun3.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  98.0 KB
    Name:  P238 ranibow picture.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  31.8 KB

Happy, so happy.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    26270 times
    Corlinda has one. We were surprised how closely they match the Colt Mustang. Even to the point that some of the parts are interchangeable.
    We discovered that they won't run well with the Colt 380 Mustang mags, even though they look the same.
    The Colt will shoot well with either the Sig, or Colt mags. That doesn't make much sense to me, but that's the way the work.
    It is highly concealable, and easy to rack the slide, and easy on the hands to shoot. Sig did it right when the designed this little pea shooter.

This is the Sig
    Name:  Picture 006.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  946.2 KB

This is the Colt
    Name:  IMG_1691.JPG
Views: 17
Size:  2.90 MB
    Teach them the truth, and let them sort thru the cobwebs of liberalism that have infested their minds.
    When the time comes that I don't want a new gun, call the undertaker!
    When they come for your guns, give them the ammo first!
    .45 ACP, Because shooting twice is just plain silly!

http://www.corneredcat.com
    http://www.takdriver.com

Member #
    Liked
    12819 times
    If I wanted a 'plinker'......I would carry my Ruger SR22! It is a fine pistol, and the .22LR ammo is cheap. I still got a thousand or more rounds, that I got in the Obama years....just in case. 'Plinking ammo' doesn't cost $35 a box, like for .380 or .357 Mag! I still got my .357 ammo (2 boxes) that I bought 10 years ago....or maybe longer then that! I shoot .22 LR and .38 Spl. +P for the most part. I bought all my guns to make the most of several different common calibers. I won't stray much from that.

Maybe that's why I find it hard to get a 9mm. 'pocket self defense pistol'. I keep thinking......and thinking......and thinking. I haven't shot anybody..... yet!!!! Bob
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2718 times
    I guess it's time to pull this little guy out of the safe for a little exercise.
    Name:  DSCN3206.JPG
Views: 14
Size:  1,015.4 KB
    Injunbro and Oldgungeezer like this.
    That Obama sticker on your car really says "YES, I AM STUPID"

Member #
    Liked
    631 times
    If everyone who has a P238 posted a picture I bet we still wouldn't have half of the models that SIG offers, and that doesn't count the distributor special models.

I check the SIG site from time to time just to see ALL the new changes. I thought the original Spartan was super cool but I think the new Spartan II is dumber than dumb. But I feel the same about my original Scorpion, which is way more cool than the newer Emperor Scorpion. IMHO of course.

There was one called the Purple Slite which was very appealing with a purple and black G10 grip. (EVEN THOUGH it is sort of against my religion to even consider a purple gun!) Then they changed the grip to a fake marbelized purple and white plastic.......ugly thing. Now it seems to have disappeared from the SIG web site. Actually, my Rainbow has disappeared also. Sad. Just sad.

I wonder if there is any other gun with SO MANY different models and so many changes from year to year?
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; 07-23-2019 at 11:42 PM.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    175 times
    I've long been a fan of the smaller caliber handguns in both revolvers and semi-automatics and while I must admit I carry 32acp more often than most any other semi-automatic the 380 is likely my second choice. I also gotta admit to liking Sigs and had a P226, P225, P2009 and P230 for a long time. Th P230 though was the one most often carried so the other three went to forever homes. The P230 is still with me and still gets more than its fair share of pocket time and it's been joined by a pair of P290RS, one in 9mm and one in 380.
    Oldgungeezer likes this.
    To be vintage it must be older than me.

The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Links