Fun day at the range with "other brands"
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Fun day at the range with "other brands"

Member #
    Liked
    624 times

Fun day at the range with "other brands"

I've had health problems for 4 months and my range time has been very severely limited. The little bit of shooting I did get to do in all that time was mostly with my SIG's, Shield EZ and M&P .22 compact. My other guns were sad and lonely.

TODAY the weather was hot and sunny and I felt better than I have felt in weeks and weeks, so hubby gladly drove us to the range. I took my Ruger Mark IV Lite (which was a total pain in the butt for months and months and needed all kinds of things done to get it to actually work) and my Browning 1911-22. Both guns behaved themselves admirably today!

Our club recently decided that one of the two pistol ranges is now steel only and the other one is paper only. There was no one else there so I chose the steel range because it has a pavilion which is a perfect sun shield. Yes, you shoot from the pavillion. All of the almost 2 dozen steel targets are placed at various safe distances from inside the pavilion.

Most of the new targets have some motion - IF you are shooting heavy enough calibers with enough force to actually move them. But even though the flags on the dueling tree would NOT spin around to the other side, they did wobble a bit and since everything was freshly painted I could see where every hit went. There are two mini gongs hanging from a steel rod and they did swing backwards a bit when my wee little bullets hit them. There are lots of other reactive steel targets with movement - in addition to the standard plate racks.

I shoot 200 rounds of .22 - half through each gun - not shooting slow, but sort of moderate speed. I had 3 or 4 misses out of the total of 200, which is not bad for having not been able to shoot much for so long.

When I was starting to get shaky it was time to quit so I shot 2 magazines of .380 through my SIG P238 carry gun. Then we came home, had a protein bar and I cleaned guns.

IT WAS A REALLY GOOD DAY!

Those 200+ "little lead pills" did my soul/spirits as much good as the 3 Rx capsules I'm taking each morning are doing for my body!

Member #
    Liked
    3083 times
    Good for you! Nothing like a day at the range.
    We love our 1911-22. Great little gun.
    Name:  20181117_142022.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  1.35 MB
    Last edited by delcrossv; 05-19-2019 at 10:34 AM.
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

It's the United States, not the United Provinces: Invoke Article V. Repeal the 17th.

Member #
    Liked
    68416 times
    Great range report! Glad you had a good day at the range to enjoy yourself.
    ShooterGranny and jeepnut like this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    52664 times
    Excellent range report and good to hear you were up to going out. I do agree with you that even an hour worth of range time vastly improves oneself and the outlook on the day.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    5024 times
    Glad you had a good day at the range.
    jeepnut, Curt360 and ShooterGranny like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

Member #
    Liked
    2898 times
    Good for you to get out and shoot. My 10/22 helped me get out after surgery couple years ago. It took several weeks to build my strength to shoot my pistols
    ShooterGranny, Curt360 and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Liked
    6626 times
    IMHO, anyone who does not shoot .22's of some kind on a regular basis is missing out on a lot of fun and some excellent practice. Glad you were able to get out and obviously the enforced layoff did not degrade your shooting skills.
    ShooterGranny, Curt360 and jeepnut like this.

Member #
    Liked
    339 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac23 View Post
    IMHO, anyone who does not shoot .22's of some kind on a regular basis is missing out on a lot of fun and some excellent practice. Glad you were able to get out and obviously the enforced layoff did not degrade your shooting skills.
    I only have 17 firearms but over half of them are some form of 22. My rifles are bolt, lever and semi-auto while my handguns are semi-auto, single action revolver and double action revolver. I think shooting my double action 22 revolver makes me shoot everything I have better.
    jeepnut, Curt360 and ShooterGranny like this.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    37458 times
    Sounds like a fine range day and a nice report!
    Curt360, ShooterGranny and jeepnut like this.
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Member #
    Liked
    11082 times
    A bad day on a shooting range beats a good day in an office any time Great Report !!
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links