Sig P365 Micro Compact Thoughts?
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: Sig P365 Micro Compact Thoughts?

Member #
    Liked
    52682 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob K View Post
    Irv, Get yourself a Ruger LC9s, which has been replaced by EC9, just recently. I've had the 'bug' to get one for the last several years, but since it weighs in at 17 ounces.......it weighs about the same as my old S&W M-36 at 20 0unces. Better yet....save your money and carry the light weight S&W revolvers that I know that you have! I like old revolvers anyway....no FTF, FTE, jams and other problems. Revolvers work 100%!!!! Plus, the Sig will cost as much as a S&W Lightweight revolver! 'Course if you 'got the urge'........I can't talk you into staying with your S&W revolver roots. Bob

Bob, I've tried the Ruger LC9 & don't like them. The magazine release is easily bumped by a thumb when firing making it useless. The EC9 has the unneeded flipper gadget in the trigger I hate, sort of like an infernal lock - one more thing to break. I have a couple of lightweight revolvers that have traveled many miles w/ me... but every now & then I get the urge for a thin, flat carry gun that operates just like my revolvers. I like my Sig 938 & Kimber Compact 9 but they have a thumb safety that changes the whole reaction thing. The P365 10 or 12 shot is tempting...
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    9464 times
    Lots of horror stories about the triggers going dead. they have had problems and have had recalls. Probably something better out there . I'd pass until they get the kinks worked out
    Injunbro likes this.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Member #
    Liked
    1528 times
    Irv, Get yourself a Ruger LC9s, which has been replaced by EC9, just recently. I've had the 'bug' to get one for the last several years, but since it weighs in at 17 ounces.......it weighs about the same as my old S&W M-36 at 20 0unces. Better yet....save your money and carry the light weight S&W revolvers that I know that you have! I like old revolvers anyway....no FTF, FTE, jams and other problems. Revolvers work 100%!!!! Plus, the Sig will cost as much as a S&W Lightweight revolver! 'Course if you 'got the urge'........I can't talk you into staying with your S&W revolver roots. Bob
    Hey Bob when was the last time you ACTUALLY bought a gun?

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1528 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Injunbro View Post
    Bob, I've tried the Ruger LC9 & don't like them. The magazine release is easily bumped by a thumb when firing making it useless. The EC9 has the unneeded flipper gadget in the trigger I hate, sort of like an infernal lock - one more thing to break. I have a couple of lightweight revolvers that have traveled many miles w/ me... but every now & then I get the urge for a thin, flat carry gun that operates just like my revolvers. I like my Sig 938 & Kimber Compact 9 but they have a thumb safety that changes the whole reaction thing. The P365 10 or 12 shot is tempting...
    Injunbro quite frankly I'm shocked! All the time you spend on here and you are really asking us what we think? Of course we think you should buy it! After all, what good would your fellow enablers be if they didn't help you along! Now get out there and buy it!!!
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    11631 times
    Bluecar, It don't really matter what I do......does it? I have not been in the gun buying mode for many years......probably 16 years. I have what I want......and have always been satisfied with that! I'm don't need to impress anybody.......and I'm perfectly happy with that!!! Bob
    Last edited by Bob K; 04-13-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    Injunbro and 71Chevrolet like this.
    When you want the BEST! Bob

Member #
    Liked
    4321 times
    I am not a Beta Tester, as an example I acquired my example of the S&W Shield 9X19mm just prior to the release of the 2.0 MP series. Let someone else work out the Bugs with the P365.
    Injunbro likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    96 times
    No doubt. There were issues at the beginning, but since the recall I haven't heard of any issues. I would buy with confidence. Here is a good article
    https://www.policeone.com/police-pro...r-P365-pistol/
    Injunbro and ladder13 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    1528 times
    Bluecar, It don't really matter what I do......does it? I have not been in the gun buying mode for many years......probably 16 years. I have what I want......and have always been satisfied with that! I'm don't need to impress anybody.......and I'm perfectly happy with that!!! Bob
    Bob, it doesn't matter to me. Just trying to get you going a little. I DO however wish you'd sell me your 66-1
    71Chevrolet likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    7713 times
    It’s like anything isn’t it? You buy one example of thousands (millions?) yes there might be a few out of those that are flawed or just plain don’t work, but what about the rest of them? I’d say as a whole that SIG makes a fine product and if I were in the market, I’d have no reservations about buying my one example to try for myself. Just my thoughts.
    Injunbro and ladder13 like this.
    "I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine!" -Johnny Cash

Member #
    Liked
    3415 times
    Yes there were issues at first, but seems all have been worked out.

Have you heard, we landed on the moon?
    Last edited by ladder13; 04-14-2019 at 08:07 AM.
    Woof woof says the Watchmutt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Links