• 1 Post By Layne12gun

Thread: Adapt Improvise Overcome

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    19336 times

Adapt Improvise Overcome

I started carrying Glocks in 1996 on and off duty when my agency went over to them from the S&W 5906. I retired at age 65 but my carrying of Glocks carried into retirement.Over my lifetime I have been rode hard and put of wet far to many times to remember and after my 70th birthday it was decided that I needed cervical spine surgery to attempt to repair damage to C3-6. Unfortunately after rehab I did not get any relief and over the next two years my left shoulder, arm and hand lost roughly 50% of their strength and function. This made it difficult if not impossible to rack the slide on my Glocks with my left hand as I am right handed. Malfunction drills required to me to put the weapon in my left hand to rack the slide with my right hand then switch back to the right hand and clear the malfunction with my left hand. For me this was unacceptable for an EDC so I went back to carrying my revolvers and speed strips. I sold my Glocks except for my G-23 which was my duty weapon. Couple months ago I was on the Glock Stores web site and saw an item called the CHAMBERMAX which attached to the rear of the slide replacing the factory slide cover and giving a larger area in which to grasp the rear of the slide to rack it. I ordered one of these CHAMBERMAX and attached it to my G-23 which now does bedside duty and I was able to rack the slide with my left hand, This item is well made and easy to install and my Glock fits into my High Noon carry holster with no issues. For anyone with issues like mine racking the slide with their off hand this may well be something worth trying.

Name:  9ZQ5StiPSGuUSHTRSqGyXg.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  2.71 MB
    lawdog, Cliff, mm6mm6 and 10 others like this.
    "Unapologetically American"

"When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. When the government fears the people, there is liberty".
    Thomas Jefferson

"Blessed be the Lord my strength,which teacheth my hands to war,and my fingers to fight". Psalm 144:1

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer". T.Larkin

Member #
    Liked
    63148 times
    Glad this worked for you. Know that Glock has some sentiment and good you can use it again.
    Curt360, lawdog, FlaRon and 1 others like this.
    Regards,
    Rodney

"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."

Thomas Paine

Member #
    Liked
    33021 times
    Where there's a will , there's a way !

Glad to hear of the 'fix' .

Keep getting 'em , tiger .

Best regards
    George and an aging Kane
    FlaRon, jeepnut and Curt360 like this.
    First line of defense , my faithful Pit - don't mess with Mr. Kane !

Lovin' it here in N. Ga - I wasn't born here , but I got here as fast as I could .

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    28519 times
    Thats a great accessory. It is good to see manufacturing working to adapt guns for those with a disability

Member #
    Liked
    85299 times
    Cool!! Glad the little attachment will help you and others that have issues, whether someone has arthritis or other physical or neurological problem. Will keep this info to relay to my co-workers and patients. Thanks again.
    FlaRon and jonesy814 like this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    11996 times
    Good Job Ron Adapt overcome improvise . Take the high ground !!
    FlaRon likes this.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Links