M&P BodyGurard 380 Questions
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P BodyGurard 380 Questions

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

M&P BodyGurard 380 Questions

I have heard that this pistol has issues with light primer strikes... I am interested in buying one but want something that is reliable... Any comments will be appreciated

Member #
    Liked
    4404 times
    I have one and carry it as a backup and “Church” gun. I have never had the problem of light strikes. I have a few hundred rounds through mine.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    Mine is also a backup and "summer shorts" gun, so it doesn't get fired all that often, but like Sharpshooter, I've never had an issue with light strikes.
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    25266 times
    I think that the 9mm Shield is a better and more reliable choice. I've had two students in classes that were unable to finish class using their Bodyguard due to mechanical problems in new pistols.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    TS, perhaps S&W has since changed some things that caused the issues with the light primer strikes....

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
    I think that the 9mm Shield is a better and more reliable choice. I've had two students in classes that were unable to finish class using their Bodyguard due to mechanical problems in new pistols.
    The reason that I want the bodyguard 380 is because of its small size... Specifically what were the mechanical issues?

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    25266 times
    Guns jammed up within 3 shots of being taken out new from the box. One so completely jammed that we could not rack the slide to eject the chambered round (which had to be fired to make the gun safe enough to transport to a gunsmith).

I don't know if it is a design problem, an assembly problem, a testing problem or damage done when the pistol was proofed.
    Cheers! Marc

Check out my Gun Rights BLOG at: http://skilledshot.wordpress.com
    accipere facile, sed sumite! - Take it easy, but take it!
    NRA Certified Instructor: Pistol; Personal Protection Inside and Outside the Home; Rifle; Reloading: Chief RSO
    NC DOJ Concealed Carry Instructor; Appointed Member North Carolina Criminal Justice Information Network

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Quote Originally Posted by mrerick View Post
    Guns jammed up within 3 shots of being taken out new from the box. One so completely jammed that we could not rack the slide to eject the chambered round (which had to be fired to make the gun safe enough to transport to a gunsmith).

I don't know if it is a design problem, an assembly problem, a testing problem or damage done when the pistol was proofed.
    I am not seeing much on the internet as you described... could have been a multitude of things creating that issue... including foreign made ammo, handloads etc..

Are you taking a look at the guns and ammo that your students are bringing before they are allowed on your training range?

Member #
    Liked
    7023 times
    Simply based on shooting my brothers bodyguard and my shield, I would much prefer the shield. only a little larger and much easier to shoot for me. Not to mention 9mm Vs. 380.
    ca survivor likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    227 times
    There's a significant difference in bulk between a Shield and a Bodyguard. Guns like the Bodyguard are for those times when even a Shield is too big, bulky and heavy.

Obviously, the Shield is a better choice if you know you're going to be in a gunfight, but the .380 in your pocket is better than the 9mm you left at home.

And, Marshall didn't ask for opinions on which gun to buy. He asked about a specific issue with the Bodyguard.
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Links