M&P BodyGurard 380 Questions
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: M&P BodyGurard 380 Questions

Member #
    Liked
    247 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TN622 View Post
    Well, it seems you have a real want for the Body Guard to be a dependable weapon. Here you have people telling you it's a turd...

You come to an S&W website full of S&W fanbois and they tell you "don't." That ought to tell you something. Sorry to be an asshole, that's the way I am.
    This is misrepresentation of the facts of this conversation.

Marshall asked about light strikes with the Bodyguard. Two of us responded that we've had no issues with our Bodyguard .380s. One responded that he had seen two guns that had problems in courses he taught. Others posted their opinions that they liked something else better.

Only one person posted they have first hand knowledge of any problems with the Bodyguard, and it was a sample size of two guns.

Somehow that equates to a 'website full of fanbois'...

This forum is better than this. How 'bout we stick to actual first hand experience when giving input to specific questions?

If the question is "what's the best small carry gun"? the discussion is going to be completely different, of course.
    "The welfare of the people has always been the alibi of tyrants." Camus

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I was hoping that on a S&W Forum that more folks would have experience with the bodyguard?

Member #
    Liked
    661 times
    The search function might be your best bet. I've been here almost 6 years. When I first joined I saw problems with the Body Guard posted. IIRC it was mostly light primer strikes. I quit reading the threads as I had no intention of buying a .380 let alone a BG. I changed my mind on a .380. I'm not sure on the dimensions of the BG. It looks kind of chunky to me compared to mine.

As far as unreliable .380's until recently mostly crappy cheap guns were the only new production stuff out there. The round has gained popularity and MFR's have stepped up to the plate.

Youtube has oodles of info on pocket .380's. You might get some video proof of the BG's good and bad points. Help you make a better more comfortable decision. Note the publishing date of the video.

I missed if you have mentioned of actually shooting one, or renting one. A rental might not be well maintained so nasty and dirty........will it perform? Real world! If you are a member on a non S&W forum others may have info too. I am on 2 Glock forums, HiPoint, Ruger, and 2 AR forums. They all have general forums to discuss whatevers.

I don't give a poot which brand forum I am on. If I don't like some feature or trigger etc, or the gun jams......I'll let it be known. The Glock 42 was a jam box turd when it first came out. I wasn't interested in a .380. My sister in law had one. It jammed a bunch. There ended up being 3-4 upgrades that had to happen. I've shot one that did great. I don't want one either.

If you have done your research and the BG makes you happy over all the other brands hopefully you can "Carry with Confidence." Readin this forum I have seen S&W's quality can at times be all over the map. Just read and responded to a M&P AR thread. AR's lowers are simple machines. Yet the owner could pull the trigger with the safety "engaged" and would fire! I like S&W AR's. His was dangerous right out of the box. They are machines.
    Rodan likes this.
    Whammo sling shot with Vortex red dot, extra power rubber band, Multi-caliber

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Ha my Bodyguard 380 a year and have fired about 500 rounds through it. I never had a light strike. However, I have had chamber load failure where round was standing up vertically, nose up, base down. I have always used Remington 380 FMJ UMC and Self Defense ammo. It only happens with the Remington ammo and around mid magazine. It has happened less often as the weapon was broken in and my last time to the range in firing 75 rounds it happened only once. However, that once can get me killed. Another thing with this weapon is it rarely locks back after last round. I always use 6 magazines so I don't think it a magazine problem and I always keep them clean. I sometimes wonder if the recoil spring (double coil - smaller dia inside larger dia.) is to strong. I plan on next month to purchase an M&P Shield 9mm. The purchase price has really dropped since the EZ model came out which I'm not interested in.

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    I've had my Bodyguard for 3 years and have never had any light primer strikes, or any jams of any kind for that matter and I've got approximately 3,500 rounds through it.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links