Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By ShooterGranny
  • 1 Post By WendyZXZ

Thread: 380 EZ Performance Center

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

380 EZ Performance Center

New Poster here. I recently purchased the 380 Easy Performance Center, after putting thousands of rounds through the standard model 380 EZ. I wanted greater accuracy thinking that the performance model would deliver.

It didn’t. Although improved after sending it back to S&W (replacing the barrel after a repositioning problem), i’m finding the paddle trigger very stiff, and must curl my finger around to get thru the long and weighted trigger pull. This is reducing my accuracy compared to the standard model.

Overall, the Performance Center model has been a big disappointment, I don’t recommend it. The standard model EZ is perfect for me; having small hands and poor grip strength. I find my accuracy is not improved by this model. I love my victory performance center 22, and thought this would be an equivalent upgrade, but it is not.

Possible to change out the trigger? Gunsmith doesn’t think several thousand rounds will solve. Suggestions appreciated, thanks.

Member #
    Liked
    903 times
    Sorry to hear that you spent the extra money for a gun which is not working out for you! I have had one or two guns in the past with features (particularly triggers) that absolutely did not work for me. They got traded off quickly. I'm one of those strange people who doesn't believe in putting extra money into buying custom pars for a gun which should function well from the factory.

I know nothing at all about any of the S&W Performance Center models. However, with some professional shooter exceptions, most guns are more accurate than the shooter.

This may not apply to you, but my experience working with women shooters is that when they learn the proper grip, stance, SMOOTH trigger pull, and how to get and hold a perfect sight picture - accuracy is there. (I'm not talking about bullseye shooting which is a different thing, using different guns.)

I have enjoyed my Shield EZ - standard model, no external safety lever. I'm not as accurate as I was 10 years ago, with my arms and hands being a tad shaky now in my old age, but the gun itself is dead on. It's not the smoothest or lightest trigger of any gun I own, but I shoot the same size groups with most all of my guns and the EZ has been a fun one for me to shoot.
    Last edited by ShooterGranny; 10-15-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    gearchecker and Curt360 like this.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    39844 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Curt360 likes this.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    I just got home from fedex where I sent off my .380 performance center for the same reason you mentioned above. It is not accurate at all, but, my trigger is nice. Now I’m afraid it might come back with a new barrel and a bad trigger 😢.

Anyway, mine was shooting VERY low and bad left. Not having elevation adjustments is a bit of a let down so I couldn’t TSI anything about that. However I adjusted the rear sight as far right as it can go and at 7 yards it’s still 3”-4” left. With the sight in the middle as it came from the factory I couldn’t even hit a standard 24” target at 15 yards.

I feel very let down, but hopefully when it gets back in 4-6 weeks it’ll be a better shooter and still have a decent trigger pull.

Links