Model 39
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Model 39

Member #
    Liked
    5 times

Model 39

New member here looking for insight on current prices for single owner Model 39 (not 39-2). I don't have the 39 in my possession yet but it is said to be a military issue in the 60's. Not sure of the serial number so I am not sure if steel or aluminum frame. Anyone know what prices are in very good, all original condition? I will post pictures once I get it

Member #
    Liked
    209 times
    To be vintage it must be older than me.

The next handgun I buy will be the next to last handgun I ever buy.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22332 times
    to the forum. Like you I don't have a Model 39 but it does remain on my list of acquiring. Anxious to hear what you have obtained and your thoughts on it.
    Curt360 likes this.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    77511 times
    Welcome to the forum. Will be interesting to see the pics when you get the model 39.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    41063 times
    to the forums from the Wiregrass!
    Guy

S&WCA #2629 | Ex-Navy Vietnam Vet. / Submariner | NRA Member | S&W Historical Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    9165 times
    Welcome to the forum.

We cannot help tell you if you paid the right amount until you give us some more information.
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

He who questions much learns much. - Frances Bacon
    There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
    80% of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.
    NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    11629 times
    Model 39's were never issued to the Military. A few model 39's went to the Military for test and evaluation The numbers seem to vary but its Smith Wesson officially says 298 were produced for the testing and had markings of Quantico VA serial number range from 1001 to 2600 in 1954 and 1955 There was 927 Steel Frame 39's produced in in 1966 and are not to be confused with the early test guns for the military.

If you have a true Military gun its worth LARGE $$$$ s Last on I saw many years ago went for Over $1500 if I remember right. But they are very rare. Your indicating Military Issue in the early 60's would rule out
    that your going to see a true Military Early 39 production Alloy Frame models were unmarked these early production guns had short safety's ( lever) checkered walnut grips and did come in Blue and Nickel ..

Beware there are fakes out there !! and people try to take original 39's and mark them as Military.

The Illinois State Police adopted the Model 39 in the early 60 s and was the first Law Enforcement Organization to go with an Auto Pistol for duty in the US.Name:  Smith39target2.JPG
Views: 64
Size:  2.46 MBName:  SmithWesson39.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  70.0 KBName:  DSCF3486.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  2.44 MB
    Last edited by Layne12gun; 06-23-2019 at 03:55 PM.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    36261 times
    Howdy and Welcome....................

Best Regards,

Geezer
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride! ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Member #
    Liked
    5 times
    Update: The S/N is 64037

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    38801 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Everything that happens is either endurable or not. If it’s endurable, then endure it. Stop complaining. If it’s unendurable . . . then stop complaining. Your destruction will mean its end as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links