• 5 Post By legelegel
  • 1 Post By JStacy
  • 1 Post By rock185

Thread: S&W Model 639 Novak Custom

Member #
    Liked
    9042 times

Lightbulb S&W Model 639 Novak Custom

I own several S&W Models 639 with the rounded trigger guard and fixed sights. I believe it, the S&W Model 3913NL and the S&W Model 4040PD to be three of the finest designed pistols that S&W has ever produced.

This S&W Model 639 Novak Custom that I just won takes it one step further.

Here is how the ad read for its sale:

Near mint as customized by Novak’s Smith & Wesson Model 639 9MM pistol with Alessi holster, four factory magazines (9 rounds) and original Novak’s paperwork from 2015. A S&W 639 made in the 1980’s that went to Novak’s in 2015 and had the following work performed: add front and rear Novak sights, carry bevel mag well, 3rd Gen S&W parts installed, duty action job and Novak’s famous satin nickel finish added (over $500 worth of work). This pistol also has a beautiful set of wood grips. The pistol is about mint since being overhauled and customized by Novak’s. Novak’s custom pistols are well known and have been used by FBI Hostage Rescue Team, 5th Special Forces Group and countless other law enforcement and private shooters around the country. S&W 639’s are all stainless steel with single stack 9 round magazines. This is a really nice one — almost too nice for carry. Offered with no reserve!

Name:  pix051017060.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  65.7 KBName:  pix967437988.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  63.9 KBName:  pix373733849.jpg
Views: 58
Size:  42.9 KBName:  pix428715635.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  25.5 KBName:  pix617047029.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  31.1 KB
    Last edited by legelegel; 06-10-2019 at 12:05 PM.
    ROBERT @ OKC USA

He who questions much learns much. - Frances Bacon
    There was a time when men were kind and their words were inviting. - Les Miserables
    Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is left free to combat it. - Thomas Jefferson
    If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers
    80% of success is showing up. - Woody Allen

SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM.
    NON REVERTAR INULTUS.
    SPES MEA IN DEO EST.

Member #
    Liked
    23 times
    I saw that on GB , that is a beauty. I have the round trigger guard and lanyard loop also, fine guns !! Let us know how it shoots .
    legelegel likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    347 times
    Yours is a beauty. I bought a new 639 shortly after they were introduced. An absolutely reliable pistol with any factory or reloaded ammo I used. Traded it off on some, now long forgotten, new and shiny thing. That is one I kinda kick myself about whenever I think of it. I don't often see a clean one for sale, much less one worked over by Novak
    legelegel likes this.

Links