M&P 45 5" problem.
    Member #
    Liked
    43 times

M&P 45 5" problem.

I have been looking for this gun for the past few months. I have been doing some research on it and now I am about ready to buy. I cannot find this gun anywhere. All the dealers say they they can order it for me when i walk in the shop and when they go to order it, there are none. Has S&W stopped making these or are they just so f'n popular they can't keep them in stock. I would rather not order the gun in the web because in the end its not cost efficient for me in CA. Also if I try to order the gun outside of CA they normally won't ship it here because the don't have any with the 10 round mags. Any ideas.

The stores also ask me if I would like to look at a Glock instead, I always tell them, "Glocks are a pile of junk". Most agree but thought I would be swayed by the Internet opinion. I normally tell them, "I don't care if they can fire under water, If someone fires a gun under water they are an idiot". "I fire alot of reloads, cast bullets and +p rounds and if I do that out of a Glock i will probably loose my hand when it explodes, If I were to get one I would have to buy an after market barrel for it and who the hell wants to do that".

Member #
    Liked
    1022 times
    There are a few folks who ship to CA. I live in Texas but did work in Fresno. M&P's are probably hard to find because they are well made and popular. For what it is worth, I think any citizen in Fresno County who hasn't been to prison should be allowed to carry at least one pistol. That would even the odds a little with all the thugs and gangbangers in Fresno.

After the rant on Fresno,

This is a 4" 45 ACP M&P
    S&W M&P45C 45 4" Black 8R $501.00 SHIPS FREE

This is a 4.5" 45 ACP M&P

S&W M&P45 45ACP NS Black $581.00 SHIPS FREE

This is the same pistol elsewhere.

Online Gun Dealer LWRC Rifles for Sale at On Point Firearms - SW M&P 4.5" 45ACP BK 10RD FM SAFE CA SW M&P 4.5" 45ACP BK 10RD FM SAFE CA

M&P45  .45ACP - Smith & Wesson

S&W doesn't catalog them in an M&P in a 5" any longer. I didn't find them at my favorite gun store in Austin either.

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    Im in Northern Ca, i bought an M&P 45 last december, quality pistol. They are in back order. I was told that the belguim army is ordering a shit ton. I was lucky to buy one. Hate to say it, but i think you have to wait.

Links