New 19-3 snub came in
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree30Likes

Thread: New 19-3 snub came in

Member #
    Liked
    108 times

New 19-3 snub came in

My first K frame snub and I’m super pleased with it. Didn’t have the original grips so I bought some s&w grips, but they have no screw or escutcheons. It’s important to read the description lol. Still the ones that came with it aren’t too bad and I got a grip adapter and some Pacmyhrs. Hoping to take it out over the weekend. I renaissance waxed it, anybody with more experience know how to get it out of the finer print? Another lesson learned avoid waxing the print.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Another pic
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Member #
    Liked
    12668 times
    Now that is just plain Purddy !! Great pick up . You will enjoy it very much. and will quickly become one of your favorites

Shooting Report Please ASAP !!
    Curt360 likes this.
    TO Ride, Shoot Straight, and Speak the Truth.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    5153 times
    You would be hard pressed to find a better handgun anywhere. The Model 19/66 is my favorite revolver of all time. You done good.
    Curt360 likes this.
    Paul

STUPID WILL GET YOU KILLED

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    42640 times
    Looks like an excellent .357 snub that you have there!
    Curt360 likes this.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    10451 times
    An old toothbrush (or your mother in laws current one..) works wonders to get wax out of tight spots. The 19 is my favorite 357 revolver although I prefer the 6" for shooting. I'd have to put the 19-3 right in the sweet spot of S&W production.You need some period correct grips for it now..
    Curt360 and jerrysalmon93 like this.
    We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Breakaway500 View Post
    An old toothbrush (or your mother in laws current one..) works wonders to get wax out of tight spots. The 19 is my favorite 357 revolver although I prefer the 6" for shooting. I'd have to put the 19-3 right in the sweet spot of S&W production.You need some period correct grips for it now..[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.smithandwessonforums.com/forum/images/smilies/icon_e_smile.gif[/IMG]
    I’ll probably buy another set of old grips. The screw and and hardware cost about as much by themselves

Member #
    Liked
    11049 times
    You are going to enjoy it. There is something about it,, I suspect it's the round butt, that makes it comfortable to shoot 158 grain jacketed bullets out of it. Yours looks to be in great condition, congratulations on a nice find.
    Curt360 likes this.
    My friends call me 'Mick'
    Save the Second Amendment, take a kid shooting!

Member #
    Liked
    108 times
    It’s in fantastic shape except the missing grips. It dates to 1970. Hardly a mark on it. I’m really impressed. If any of you guys are out Loveland Colorado way check out Rekkrs gun store. He also has an Armslist store. He’s got a sweet looking 65 3 inch for sale I was eyeing but if anyone here wants to jump on it it won’t hurt my feelings.

Member #
    Liked
    124 times
    Great choice!! Beautiful gun. Thanks for showing.
    Curt360 likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links