• 1 Post By WendyZXZ
  • 3 Post By FalconLair

Thread: my just purchased model 19 issue

Member #
    Liked
    6 times

my just purchased model 19 issue

noticed a little problem with the SA cocking of my Model 19

during the DA pull it wasn't noticeable but speed during the pull could've been a factor

decided to remove the front plate and take a look - after close observation i noticed that the spring on the hammer sear was slightly protruding, as if it had slipped out of place

removed the hammer spring then the hammer - sure enough, the sear spring was not only protruding but it seemed as if it had been bent a bit from the sear continually pressing against it - removed the sear and the spring

thought there might be a way to straighten it out enough but im pretty sure it's function has been compromised

the thing i don't get is how does a firearm make it through quality control with part of the spring sticking out?

or, could this have happened AFTER i took possession of the revolver and the spring just slipped out, which seems somewhat unlikely

question is, would i be able to get this spring from Smith & Wesson without having to purchase the sear too? i know some things come as part of a set

if not, is there an after market spring that will suffice? how is S&W customer service when it comes to things like this - i really don't want to send it back to them to correct the problem

Member #
    Liked
    17132 times
    Give S&W a call.
    Curt360 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by ussmanlovede36 View Post
    Give S&W a call.
    yeah, that was my plan all along - posted late last night just to see if someone had a similar problem and how it was dealt with

anyway, talked to S&W this morning and they're sending me a replacement spring, no charge - kind of the way i figured it would go down, i've only had the revolver for 3 weeks
    Thewelshm likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    39825 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Curt360 likes this.
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    Quote Originally Posted by WendyZXZ View Post
    Welcome to the forum!
    thank you

being the proud owner of 2 new S&W revolvers, haven't owned one in over 30 years, you'll probably see me in here from time to time

bruce, KZero and Mjh like this.

Member #
    Liked
    17 times
    For those that like to rotate, change, upgrade, and tune their actions.............

https://www.gunsprings.com/SMITH%20&...3/mID58/dID264

Links