Sight and sight blade for S&W model 27 date of manufacture 1957/1958
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jonesy814

Thread: Sight and sight blade for S&W model 27 date of manufacture 1957/1958

Member #
    Liked
    20 times

Sight and sight blade for S&W model 27 date of manufacture 1957/1958

I inherited my dadís model 27. Somewhere along the line he put a scope on it. Of course no one knows where the original sight was. Over the last 7 years I have tried to find one. Through S&W, Brownells, and any and all places I could think of. No joy. I belonged to this sight many years ago and tried then what I am doing now which is to ask everyone if they have a sight for this year model. A few people from before sent me sights only asking that if they didnít fit to send them back. They didnít and I did send them back. I also purchased a few from members and they didnít fit either. I did buy one that almost fit, but sticks out the back slightly. I was able to sight it in and stopped looking. I am back to looking again. I will never sell it, but would like to get the correct sight for it. Any help would be appreciated.

I also have his model 41 manufactured 1957/1958. I give two years on these as I forget which one is 1957 and which one is 1958. Anyway I grew up shooting the 41 and it would drive a nail. A couple of years ago it started shooting 4 or 5 inches high. Do not know why, but with all the knowledge on this forum maybe someone has an idea. Sorry for being so long winded. Thanks for all or any help.

Member #
    Liked
    17007 times
    Pics of both guns would be nice.

Member #
    Liked
    26660 times
    I would think a pre 28 rear sight would work
    Curt360 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements