Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By jimg11
  • 2 Post By Bob R

Thread: Conversion of Model 610

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Conversion of Model 610

So I like conversion revolvers. 9mm in .357 and 45ACP in 45 LC and so on. Has anyone ever done a 41 magnum/10mm/40S&W conversion. I want all 3 but I'm afraid the case dimensions don't come out equal. I suppose a cylinder swap would work but I was looking to just machine the back of the cylinder to accept moon clips. Anyone heard of such a conversion?

Member #
    Liked
    57901 times
    Revolvers w/ interchangeable cylinders have been made for .38-40 & 10mm, I suppose one for .40 could work too. My references don't show the exact diameter of a .41 so I don't know if it's doable. If you cut a cylinder to accept moon clips how would you headspace the rimmed .41's?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment & buy one" Jesus - Luke 22:36

Member #
    Liked
    1899 times
    The problem would be that the 41 Magnum bullet is .410" so you would need a new barrel in a conversion as well another cylinder. The 610 does use either 40 S&W or 10 mm with moon clips without a change of anything other than ammo.
    Leo918 and Injunbro like this.
    Jim

Firearms safety is no accident.
    S&WHF #242
    S&WCA #2059
    NRA Patron Life

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    2005 times
    Seeing how a 610 will shoot 40 S&W just fine what you really need to do is ream out the cylinder for 10mm Mag and call it good. Choose your ammo according to what you feel like shooting, weak, normal, invigorating.

bob
    Injunbro and Bob K like this.
    Build a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, but set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    39508 times
    Welcome to the forum!
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Links