Stainless Collection
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Stainless Collection

Mjh
    Member #
    Liked
    738 times
    I like stainless also. 629-4 mountain gun, 686 no dash, 67 no dash, 649-3, bearcat Name:  20191008_215933.jpg
Views: 24
Size:  2.33 MBand a 629-4 DX(missing in action) my best bud is borrowing it.
    Injunbro, Kevin714, B-man and 2 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    5221 times
    Moe, you are off to a great start! Reloading and a love affair with revolvers.

I’ve owned several stainless revolvers over the years. I still have some that I use during hunting season and when I’m on the boat. But my heart still lies with shiny blue. Well, color case hardening makes my knees weak but there are not too many options for that. Aesthetically I prefer the full lug barrels. I’ve never noticed a difference carrying a short barreled revolver all day with or without a full lug. The big ones all get heavy after awhile.
    If you can't be who you are, then you don't exist.

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    I was never really particular about stainless until I had a few rust. My firearms mentor would be upset to say the least. But they just wear so much better when you don't clean them all the time. I cut my teeth on Glocks once I was an adult and developed some less than ideal cleaning protocols. I'm not much on frame-width grips on mid or large revolvers. I usually replace them with the hogues. The Smith hogue doesn't fit my fingers as well as the Ruger hogue which is funny. I do love those grip filler additions though. I can see stag grips with stainless grip filler on a high polish k frame. Mmmmmmmmm

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    89 times
    My best group was with a Rossi unfluted 6" 357. I really liked that gun and regret selling it. With my forearms rested on a trailer, four shots could be covered with a quarter and two others opened it up to 50 cent piece at 45 yards. Could be a fluke and glad I didn't see the group till I walked up to it. I was impressed non the less.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Links