632-1 Hammer compatibility?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By needsmostuff

Thread: 632-1 Hammer compatibility?

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

632-1 Hammer compatibility?

I'm considering bobbing the hammer on a 632-1. (J-frame with regular spur hammer. Looks the same as a late model 60)
    As it's fairly rare, I'd like to keep the original hammer intact.
    I don't know how to find out what j-frame hammer is compatible. Any advice here?

Best regards
    Erik

Member #
    Liked
    12 times
    I have a 431pd. Could not find another hammer to bob and keep the original. I just had a gunsmith bob it anyway.I believe it makes my gun the "ultimate" pocket carry. I can still keep my finger on the hammer when i stick it in my pocket and it doesn't snag. Best of all worlds. I buy guns to use for myself and i don't buy them to hold for "value". Made no difference in function. works perfect. Your gun will be better bobbed in my opinion.

Member #
    Liked
    8304 times
    Maybe out in left field here but I see the 632-1 as a premiere walk about packing gun . Not so much a pocket gun, which as I see it is the only reason to bob the hammer. Plus J frame double action shooting with a small gun is never a treat and you will still have the rear sight messing with the pocket anyway.
    So what to do ? You know for a pocket gun S&W made just the gun you want ,,,,632-2. If you need a 3" you could drop back to a plain 632 airweight in 32mag. Not a lot of the difference between a stout reloaded 32H&R and a 327FED out of a 3" barrel anyway , just less fireball.

My thoughts ,,,, 632-1 is a classic ,,,the way it is .
    Get what you need for a pocket gun.
    But,,,,,, your gun ,your call.
    Last edited by needsmostuff; 09-10-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Injunbro and WendyZXZ like this.
    Where am I going ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and why am I in this handbasket ?

You know my uncle , he's as honest as me . An I'm as honest as a government man can be.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    0 times
    @washerdude and @needsmostuff
    Thank you for your input gentlemen. You have both given me something to think about.

Links