• 1 Post By Darkhorse
  • 4 Post By xtimberman

Thread: Holster ideas for Model 60 three inch adjustable sights

Member #
    Liked
    1313 times

Holster ideas for Model 60 three inch adjustable sights

Yes, I finally got one.

Now I'm having trouble finding a holster.

The holsters I have for my Model 36s don't have provisions for sights.

I'd like inside waist band but I'd be happy to hear of any ideas, even a shoulder holster.
    "Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? Here I might be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see?"
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    1313 times
    Anybody?
    "Supposin' I was to go to work and learn how to... to read writin'. Well, how'd I know that the feller that... that wrote the writin' was a writin' the writin' right? Here I might be just a readin' wrong writin', don't ya see?"
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    808 times
    https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...152&parent=669

I would call or email first to explain about your concern about the sights fitting in this holster....and then decide.

Rob Leahy has developed a unique way to convert his OWB belt holsters to IWB with what he calls "Inside the Waistband Straps". I dislike IWB carry....particularly with fat, lumpy revolvers jabbing my bony frame, but I'm assured these things work well. Look over his website for photos.

I have two of his belt holsters - a "Sourdough Pancake" for 2 1/2" K-Frame, and a "Cuda" for a full-size auto. Both are outstanding in quality and design.
    Verminator likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    1313 times
    Quote Originally Posted by xtimberman View Post
    https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...152&parent=669

I would call or email first to explain about your concern about the sights fitting in this holster....and then decide.

Rob Leahy has developed a unique way to convert his OWB belt holsters to IWB with what he calls "Inside the Waistband Straps". I dislike IWB carry....particularly with fat, lumpy revolvers jabbing my bony frame, but I'm assured these things work well. Look over his website for photos.

I have two of his belt holsters - a "Sourdough Pancake" for 2 1/2" K-Frame, and a "Cuda" for a full-size auto. Both are outstanding in quality and design.
    Thanks much.

The J frames are not so "lumpy." In fact, they're pretty comfortable.

I will give it a good look.
    [Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    1003 times
    Only OWB holsters for me and I can vouch for the Simply Rugged pancake holster. ElPaso Saddlery also makes a great OWB Combat holster that I use for my S&W model 66, with a 2.75” barrel.
    Verminator likes this.
    "Some people wonder all their lives if they have ever made a difference. Marines don't have that problem." Ronald Reagan

Member #
    Liked
    808 times

Holster ideas for Model 60 three inch adjustable sights

I just received this Simply Rugged “Sourdough” from Mr. Leahy a few days ago - this one for a 2 1/2” M-66 K-Frame. Even though adorned with his excellent floral carving, it was delivered exactly 2 weeks after I ordered it online. It’s similar to the “Silver Dollar”, only slightly larger.

I didn’t want the IWB straps or the removable retention strap since the pouch is so deep and the formed leather retains the revolver enough to suit me. I may add a thong from the back to loop over the hammer on rare occasions of rough use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Member #
    Liked
    1313 times
    Thanks to all........still searching.

[Festus Haggen]

Member #
    Liked
    2908 times
    Here are two holsters I use for the little 3”ers. One is a Bianchi 5BH and the other is my Sunday holster, a custom version of the Brill style holster. Far left holster in each photo.

I like them both.

Kevin
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Links