15-2 Range Report
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Thread: 15-2 Range Report

Member #
    Liked
    40 times

15-2 Range Report

Howdy - I finally got to take my new-to-me 15-2 to the range.

I haven't been to the range in 15-20 years and had never shot a revolver, so I don't have a target worthy of sharing, but single action I didn't embarrass myself and whoa I now understand the mystique of these classic guns.

Started with some Fiocchi 148 wadcutter match - what a treat. Then some Remington 130 fmj then onto a cylinder of 130 gr +p Federal HST. Pussycat.

The feel in the hand, the trigger, how the location and texture of the hammer just seemed perfect...

I was also there to break in a new 9mm semi, so that was the extent of my 38 shooting for now.

Name:  15-2 range cropped.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  103.1 KB
    Mjh, KZero, Cliff and 7 others like this.

Mjh
    Member #
    Liked
    1123 times
    Nice. I understand the draw to these classic revolvers. Glad you had a good range day
    mr. b, Curt360, KZero and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3722 times
    Nice!
    Sounds like a really good time, and it was nice of you to share it with us. As your skill grows, we can look forward to having target pics as well!
    Kenny

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Liked
    38505 times
    I have found that shooting revolvers made me a better striker fired, semi auto shooter, and I started with the semi autos. I got a 15-3 last year and its an amazing shooter. The last couple of time I had it out I felt I needed a challenge and tried shooting the gun while holding it upside down. The target was an 11"x13" steel plate hanging 20 yards away. It took only a couple of cylinders before I had a method that worked and I ended that 2nd cylinder with 3 hits. Next load, I took my time and rang steel 6 for 6, followed with a 5 of 6. On a follow up trip I was again ringing steel with about every shot. I was shooting 148gr wadcutters so recoil wasn't a real issue. Before buying my model 15, I figured there had to be some myth and hype behind the model 15's reputation. Now I know the truth. Smith & Wesson did indeed build a "Combat Masterpiece".
    Curt360, jeepnut, mr. b and 1 others like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3886 times
    I competed in PPC. One of the revolvers that kept me at the top of my class was a M15 of some dash. I still have it.

I prefer wood stocks on my shooters or stag. For me, the rubber grips would shift on the revolver and produce two distict overlapping groups.

Kevin
    Curt360 and mr. b like this.
    Knowledge should be shared and not hoarded.

www.NoonSharpening.com

Member #
    Liked
    102610 times
    Great shooting. Glad you got to get out to the range. As others have stated before, I agree that shooting revolvers helps with skills when shooting semi auto hand guns. Thanks for the report and enjoy that model 15!
    mr. b likes this.
    I keep a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take an ass whoopin'!

"Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself."
    George Washington

Member #
    Liked
    8834 times
    Congratulations. I've got a 15-2 and I agree that it is a fine revolver. Probably my favorite of the ones I've got. Maybe my favorite ever.

Looks like your's has the target trigger and hammer as does mine. One of those touches I like.
    mr. b and Curt360 like this.
    For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    John 3:16 (NKJV)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    23242 times
    Sounds like a grand day.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Site Moderator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    42851 times
    Looks like a fine Smith and sounds like a great shooting time!
    Cum Deo et victricibus armis

Member #
    Liked
    40 times
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunBass View Post
    Congratulations. I've got a 15-2 and I agree that it is a fine revolver. Probably my favorite of the ones I've got. Maybe my favorite ever.

Looks like your's has the target trigger and hammer as does mine. One of those touches I like.
    It wasn't clear to me from the pics on the auction if it had the target trigger & hammer, but it does now that I've handled it. It all feels great. What a piece of craftsmanship. Just a joy to shoot.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links