S&WCA
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: S&WCA

Member #
    Liked
    117 times

S&WCA

I stumbled across the Smith and Wesson Collectors Association online today. Thinking of sending an application. Does anyone here recommend this group? Thanks.

CF
    jonesy814 and Curt360 like this.

Member #
    Liked
    3669 times
    I'm a member too. Great group. Next big meeting is in Richardson Tx. this summer
    "The right to buy weapons is the right to be free." -A.E. van Vogt

It's the United States, not the United Provinces: Invoke Article V. Repeal the 17th.

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    9627 times
    I've been a member for about ten years. Good bunch of folks with a ton of knowledge. Would highly recommend joining.
    Leo @ Death Valley - S&WCA #2364

4. Remove Advertisements
    SmithAndWessonForums.com
    Advertisements

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    22089 times
    I've been a member for four years now. Lots of smart folks many of whom are on this site. If you can spare the money it is money well spent IMHO.

Duty then is the sublimest word in the English language. You should do your duty in all things. You can never do more, you should never wish to do less

Robert E. Lee

Member #
    Liked
    1012 times
    Been a member since they assigned my membership #819 probably 30 years ago. The most valuable benefits are receipt of the 4 journals each year and access to Roy Jinks and the member only side of the other forum.

Administrator
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    6735 times
    I've been a member for quite a while. If you're interested in collecting S&Ws, it's worth every penny.

Carl

​S&WCA | SAF | GOA Life | NRA Benefactor

Member #
    Liked
    9577 times
    I was a member..but for only a year. I'm really not a collector so the membership was mostly wasted on me. You do get a discount on S&W history "letters" of $10 off (I believe)

Supporting Member
    Supporting Member

Member #
    Liked
    40972 times
    I have been a member for a few years now. Yes, as others have said, it is very worth the $60 initial and $50 annual renewal. But I must correct my friend Hondo44 as I have made the same mistake. They publish 3 journals a year which are more than worth the $50 annual fee. The quality of the publication is outstanding! The 4th publication is a membership roster which again is worth the annual fee. If you intend to get serious about collecting, being a member gives you access to real experts on S&W guns who can help you avoid a bad purchase and give you a better valuation than any recent publication. Having access to that resource just blows the annual fee away, IMO. Plus, you get some upgrades as a member of the Blue forum to increased PM limits and free photo albums, plus access to the SWCA gun database and member-specific forums.

We used to require new members be sponsored by a current member or an FFL they had known for 5 years or more. And, we limited membership to over 21. Those restrictions were removed last year and it has improved membership, IMO. There is never a better time than now to join. So, y'all come!
    Guy

S&WCA #2629 | Ex-Navy Vietnam Vet. / Submariner | NRA Member | S&W Historical Foundation

Member #
    Liked
    140 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Wiregrassguy View Post
    I have been a member for a few years now. Yes, as others have said, it is very worth the $60 initial and $50 annual renewal. But I must correct my friend Hondo44 as I have made the same mistake. They publish 3 journals a year which are more than worth the $50 annual fee. The quality of the publication is outstanding! The 4th publication is a membership roster which again is worth the annual fee. If you intend to get serious about collecting, being a member gives you access to real experts on S&W guns who can help you avoid a bad purchase and give you a better valuation than any recent publication. Having access to that resource just blows the annual fee away, IMO. Plus, you get some upgrades as a member of the Blue forum to increased PM limits and free photo albums, plus access to the SWCA gun database and member-specific forums.

We used to require new members be sponsored by a current member or an FFL they had known for 5 years or more. And, we limited membership to over 21. Those restrictions were removed last year and it has improved membership, IMO. There is never a better time than now to join. So, y'all come!
    +1

Member #
    Liked
    117 times
    Thank you for the responses. I have been buying shooters. That being said, I have also bought collectors that I may not shoot(painful!). Either way, I like to have the original box, grips, etc. even for my shooters. IMO, even if the pistol is not pristine, it is still an investment that will, hopefully, appreciate in value over time. I enjoy having them, and I also enjoy shooting them. A nice revolver that is in great shape, all original, and still a shooter is the best of all worlds for me.

Blah, blah ,blah Corn Fed. Get to the point.

I'm looking for a good combination of shooting and collecting, with my shooters holding as much value as possible. Sounds like the S&WCA may help me with this. Thanks to everyone for the info.

CF

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Links