Smith And Wesson Forums banner

Happy but broke (again)

2K views 21 replies 16 participants last post by  SilverAnn 
#1 ·
After buying my DW Guardian, I shouldn't have gone to help my friend out at the gun show. Everything was fine until I took a break and wandered around a little. I've been thinking I wouldn't mind having a different gun to add to the rotation of BUGs. Or rather, to create a rotation. I've been carrying a Colt Mustang for quite a while to back up a 1911 of some variety. But I've really been hankering for a small revolver. Until today, that is.

I found a good deal on a NIB S&W 642-1 without the Hillary Hole. So, I grabbed it. I've already shot it this afternoon and I have to admit the Colt is more accurate out about 25 yards but this one shines up close. When I walked up to the ten yard range, I couldn't miss.

Anyway, nothing to get real excited about but here it is.

See less See more
#5 ·
Congrats on getting a nice little revolver. Great for pocket carry. Sometime I pocket carry my 638. Glad your happy with it.:cool:

Reactions: jeepnut
#12 ·
Congrats on the pocket gun. My wife carries a 642 like yours in her purse. I pocket carry a Model 60.

Reactions: jeepnut and Curt360
#17 · (Edited)
Hi Carl, I'm a bit confused. If you already have a Colt Mustang.....why would you need anything else? I carry my old M-36 2" in my pocket (I 'Bobbed' the hammer), OWB holster, or IWB holster (my particular favorite), and though it is a little heavy at 20 ozs. (unloaded), other carry revolvers that I use are a M-10 2" (30 ozs.) and M-66 2 1/2" (36 ozs.). So, it is the lightest ....by far!!!!

I, personally, think that the Mustang is about perfect for your purposes! Small, compact, and lighter than a 1911. So......you don't have to be broke! You've got it covered already! (You just wanted to spend the money.......didn't you???) :D Bob

#18 ·
Congrats mate, " happiness is a purchase away"...shoot it in good health..

thewelshm

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.