Insurance On Pre .357
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 1jimmy

Thread: Insurance On Pre .357

Member #
    Liked
    0 times

Insurance On Pre .357

This is my first post, and all ready have a question...lol. I've been a reader for a good while and thought I'd go ahead and join this great site. I don't know to much about handguns so please bare with me.
    About 20 years ago I was in a pawn shop in Memphis, Tn with a friend, and I seen a very nice Smith&Wesson .357 and appeared to be in excellant looking shape, and so I bought this gun, I can't remember but I think I paid $225 dollars for it not knowing it is a gun somewhat in demand.
    I had another friend research the gun, and found out the gun was made in 1953 or 1954 with all matching numbers with wood handles, with a diamond shape in it's middle. There's very light blueing rubbed off at the end of the barrel, other than that the gun looks awsome.
    I have been thinking about getting it insured but, would not my home owner's insurance cover it?, and if it was stolen from my vechile would be covered also? I've gone 20 years and nothing has ever happened, but I've had it in my brothers big safe at his house this year, but I would like to keep it here to look at and fondle.
    I wouldn't know what to insure it for, I don't know the value of it, I just know I would just die if something happened to this gun, it's beautiful, shoot I've never fired it.
    Yall's thoughts would be apperciated very much.

Member #
    Liked
    2587 times
    some people here can give you a pretty good idea of value with a detailed description and pictures. as far as insurance my home owners covers up to 2500.00 and then i buy additional through the nra. however with your nra membership comes a free insurance policy of 2500.00 i think thats the right amount. so depending on the value of the gun you may already be insured.
    Bob K likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    698 times
    A pre 27 in good shape is worth around 1,200 to 1,500 depending on where you live since gun values vary from state to state.

Links